Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Hello Everyone!

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Dave21 
#1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum and to motorcycling. Just bought my very first MC, for $4500, a 2006TC with only 20k, absolutely beautiful and love it, and I hope to gain some useful information from all of you!

#2 ·
Hello back at ya and welcome to the Funny Farm from the Pacific Northwet. Got questions? Ask away.

Reactions: 541RF
#3 ·
Welcome from Southern Oregon. Good luck with your bike.

#4 ·
Welcome from Florida! You will love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

So let me begin picking your brains. Issue with '06TC, left turn signal stops working intermittently. I have change out all bulbs including brake light for starters, and still having issues. The left turn signal works for a while then without warning stops. The left turn indicator in the instrument cluster blinks at a faster rate then the right turn. There is power going to the front left turn bulb but it is very weak. Any thoughts?

#7 ·
Welcome, and Congratulations, Dave21. Victory makes a fantastic bike. Should you find that you like riding enough to become an old head, then later, consider something like the CCT. Love mine, best 85MPH easy chair I've had.

Take it easy, and don't rush things. You'll love this stuff if you do it right and do it safe. Nice bike and a great price.

#8 ·
Dave, re your intermittent turn signals. Did you check out the flasher unit? If you know someone with a similar bike, try theirs. Or just buy a new one. See item #4 http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp
In the parts list, USAGE in the far right and you'll see that every Victory from 2006 and back uses the same flasher unit.
Here are some other things to try....
Are the contact surfaces clean in the bulb receptacles? If the previous owner hose washed or worse, pressure washed, they might have insulating corrosion.
Make certain the battery terminals are clean and tight and you have placed a lock washer under the terminal bolt heads. They have a tenancy to loosen.
Shoot some contact cleaner in the handlebar switch.

#10 ·
Howdy!

I had a similar turn signal issue on my Kingpin. Turned out to have a break in the wire in the harness where the forks met the frame. You may want to trace it back.

If you do this do it with the bars in a few positions. On my Pin the break would correct itself with the bars locked left as it would sit when parked. As soon as they were straightened or turned right they would stop working again. This made me think it was just a bulb as I changed it out as she sat in my garage and they worked. Then when I took her out they weren't again.

#11 ·
Thanks to all of you,

MagVic, thanks...I am taking it pretty easy, although I have some MC experience, I am heeding to the good advice, I get from co-workers and friends. I have taken MC safety rider course for refresher and did me a lot of good.

All useful information, I will definitely try the troubleshooting tips and see what I can figure out.

On the other hand here is a pic of my bike. Hopefully I downloaded it correctly

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.