Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

CEL after Torque Tubes Install

699 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  TrainedLobster 
#1 ·
2007 Victory Vegas 8-ball, just got done installing the tubes and putting everything back together. I'm assuming having the CEL illuminated is normal, since I've disconnected sensors to install them? If so, is there a way to turn the damn thing off?

Side note, I had the stock airbox on before with a k&n insert before, these tubes really make a difference. Aftermarket exhaust with stock airbox shouldn't be allowed. The only thing that I'm wary of (outside of CEL) is that it seems to idle way too low now. Is that normal?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Reconnect sensors and zip tie them out of the way.

#3 ·
Hmm... The instructions that came with them did not say to reconnect sensors. I figured they would be reading incorrectly regardless, and possibly cause problems. Not saying I won't reconnect them, but that involves pulling the tank off again. *sigh* Will it lead to bigger problems if I ride with them disconnected? Just curious because if it's a big deal, I won't ride to work tomorrow and will deal with it afterwards.

Appreciate your input.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
The sensors even though only zip tied, should cancel codes. I know some tuners won’t even consider tuning a bike with them disconnected.

As for causing issues, on an open loop setup, I doubt it will cause issues other than the codes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.