Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Christian Religion and Modern Sience
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 02:17 PM
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB View Post
I'M NOT SURE OF ALL THAT
Well, do you want to find out?
or
Do you want to accept the video you posted as the conclusion?

The video you posted is FOX News interviewing a Pastor. It opens with "Researchers in the US and Switzerland are releasing a study..."
What study? By whom? They give no reference material.

The Pastor straight up tells us (as he snickers at Evolutionary Theory) exactly where his beliefs come from and lets us know, in no uncertain terms, that he does not accept science... except, of course, when it finds something to back up his beliefs. I'll bet he uses the things that science has brought us every day of his life (his LONG life due to modern medical knowledge), while speaking of his distrust of the scientific method (He's on television and the internet!).

Now, I went looking for this scientific study they speak of... I found an article on the study and it says this...
"These Primeval people are not parallel to the biblical Adam and Eve. They weren't the first modern humans on the planet, but instead just the two out of thousands of people alive at the time with unbroken male or female lineages that continue on today."

https://www.livescience.com/38613-ge...uncovered.html

https://www.newscientist.com/article...rsal-ancestor/

The finding of the study referenced in your video in no way refutes Evolutionary Theory or supports the biblical creation account in Genesis. The Pastor in the Video was simply preaching his biblical worldview with all the common arguments of complexity etc. that are used by the religious to cast doubt on Evolution.

2006 Victory Kingpin
Lloydz 116" Stroker/Big Bore, .495 Cams, Torque Tubes Airbox,
RPW Thor Pipe, Lloydz ECU Flash, PC-III, PTS (-2), Rivera
Primo Clutch Spring, 31 Tooth Pulley w/Buell Belt.

Last edited by half_crazy; 12-02-2018 at 08:50 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome