Victory Cross Roads Tach Kit - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rothschild, WI.
Posts: 55
Default Victory Cross Roads Tach Kit

Any of you guys put the Tach Kit on a 2011 or 2012 Cross Roads. I have a 2012 LE and I saw a Victory Tach Kit #2878209 on ebay for a starting bid of $99.99. It lists for $199.99. I bid $99.99 and got it for $113.99 with shipping. Now I hope I can put it on myself without any reprograming at a dealer. I have the digital tach in the speedo.

Also got the Victory Lowers from another dealer for $240.00 shipped.

I'm thinking of spending the money and unlocking the extra features of the Speedo too.

Red 2013 Cross Country Tour
Rothschild, Wi.
jackthebiker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Senior Member
 
TonyChip78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Milford,CT
Posts: 158
Garage
Default

I have the speedo reflash and there's lots of great stuff on it, just makes it harder to move from the trip meter to the tach. Lots to scroll through. I'm thinking about adding the analog tach as I seem to be shifting at fairly low rpms. Be interested to hear about your experience once it comes. Install difficulty, instruction quality, stuff like that. Congrats on the good deal finds.
TonyChip78 is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rothschild, WI.
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyChip78 View Post
I have the speedo reflash and there's lots of great stuff on it, just makes it harder to move from the trip meter to the tach. Lots to scroll through. I'm thinking about adding the analog tach as I seem to be shifting at fairly low rpms. Be interested to hear about your experience once it comes. Install difficulty, instruction quality, stuff like that. Congrats on the good deal finds.
I should have the kit next week. I'll post what happens. I 'm thinking of trying to install the temp sensor myself.

Red 2013 Cross Country Tour
Rothschild, Wi.
jackthebiker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 08:07 PM
irv
Senior Member
 
irv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: mt morris il
Posts: 1,071
Default

i have both . you will love it. buy the temp sensor too for
the thermometor in the reflash--irv

2011 cross roads, crimson red, speedo reflash,
forged bars,bag bars,tach,driver and pass backrest[vic]
vic luggage rack and lowers,iso grips,2" pullbacks
hard bags,xc adj pass footrests, color keyed side
chin fairings. 7 jurock custom made windshield.
ultimate seat, hid low beams, timing wheel back in,
and of course, a ric z laydown license bracket.[5
mph faster].
irv is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Senior Member
 
sparkyo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tomball texas
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthebiker View Post
Any of you guys put the Tach Kit on a 2011 or 2012 Cross Roads. I have a 2012 LE and I saw a Victory Tach Kit #2878209 on ebay for a starting bid of $99.99. It lists for $199.99. I bid $99.99 and got it for $113.99 with shipping. Now I hope I can put it on myself without any reprograming at a dealer. I have the digital tach in the speedo.

Also got the Victory Lowers from another dealer for $240.00 shipped.

I'm thinking of spending the money and unlocking the extra features of the Speedo too.
put it on my 2012 xr...no problem. hardest part is getting the single speedometer bracket off and the new one on. the tach just plugs into the harness which is in the headlight. take your time. of course it should come standard on a 17000.00 bike IMO...ride safe!

2013 XC ANTI-FREEZE GREEN
Tomball Tx.
sparkyo1 is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,764
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthebiker View Post
Any of you guys put the Tach Kit on a 2011 or 2012 Cross Roads. I have a 2012 LE and I saw a Victory Tach Kit #2878209 on ebay for a starting bid of $99.99. It lists for $199.99. I bid $99.99 and got it for $113.99 with shipping. Now I hope I can put it on myself without any reprograming at a dealer. I have the digital tach in the speedo.

Also got the Victory Lowers from another dealer for $240.00 shipped.

I'm thinking of spending the money and unlocking the extra features of the Speedo too.
Great buy on the tach. I want to put one on my KP and would do it to an XR if I get one.

Did you mean you got "Fork Lowers" or the wrap around lowers that bolt to the crash bars that have glove boxes in them?
BBob is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Senior Member
 
RICZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 12,055
Default

The tach kit is plug and play. There's a connector for it lurking in the headlight nacelle. Its the only one that will mate with the one on your tach. I don't know why Vic didn't include it, there are so many advantages; its easier and faster to read and it will help you to keep your revs up for better handling and makes life easier on the engine. Keep her above 2500rpm and you and the bike will be happier.

2010 Midnight Cherry XR. 7Jurock, Lloydz AF, ATS, AFR tuned VFCIII, IAV, and T-6 and locally repacked pipes = big smiles. SOLD to a dear friend, so it's still in the family."
2017 Spyder F3 Limited - keeps this old guy in the wind and riding with friends.
Cure that ugly stand up license plate with the cheapest and best laydown bracket. Click this:
https://www.victoryforums.com/11-ven...t-x-bikes.html
RICZ is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rothschild, WI.
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
Great buy on the tach. I want to put one on my KP and would do it to an XR if I get one.

Did you mean you got "Fork Lowers" or the wrap around lowers that bolt to the crash bars that have glove boxes in them?
I got the $299.99 Lower Air Controls that mount on the forks.

Red 2013 Cross Country Tour
Rothschild, Wi.
jackthebiker is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rothschild, WI.
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
i have both . you will love it. buy the temp sensor too for
the thermometor in the reflash--irv
Did you put the Temp Sensor in?

Red 2013 Cross Country Tour
Rothschild, Wi.
jackthebiker is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rothschild, WI.
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyo1 View Post
put it on my 2012 xr...no problem. hardest part is getting the single speedometer bracket off and the new one on. the tach just plugs into the harness which is in the headlight. take your time. of course it should come standard on a 17000.00 bike IMO...ride safe!
Thanks for the info. You need the Arlen Ness License Plate kit for a Vision on that bike like I put on. It needs two holes redrilled but bolts on easily and looks great.

Red 2013 Cross Country Tour
Rothschild, Wi.
jackthebiker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome