In the related-and-FWIW dept.:
Last (2014) fall, I ordered the Victory red plug wires, 2876145-015. Googling a few minutes ago, I see that that part has been superceded with another number.
I also ordered NGK iridium plugs (DCPR6EIX 8196), and went to my local Harbor Freight and bought a spark plug boot puller ( http://www.harborfreight.com/spark-p...ler-65440.html
One day over the winter, I replaced the stock plugs and wires; I had about 27,000 miles on my '12 XCT at the time. I had ordered the wires mostly because I'd read a few posts here or on the other forum, about the wires coming apart.
As it turns out:
1) The boot puller couldn't fit down the narrow and deep plug hole, to get underneath the boot, so I didn't use it.
2) I grasped the boots, by hand, as low and as gently as possible, and twisted and pulled a few times, and they came off. I don't believe I damaged the stock wires, but I used the new ones anyway.
This is a pretty trivial project, provided you have an air gun to blow out the wells after wire removal, a 5/8" plug socket that's not too thick, an appropriate torque wrench, a little anti-seize, a little dielectric grease, and a little common sense.
I haven't noticed any change in performance after the new plugs and wires, although I think the red wires look nice. With the iridium plugs, I expect not to bother doing this again for some years.