Suggestion for throttle lock.... - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Donzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 436
Default Suggestion for throttle lock....

Wonder if any of you guys have found a throttle lock that will work on the X bikes? Don't want to spend for an OEM cruise control. Just something to rest my throttle hand on long rides.....

Any out there you'all found that will get the job done?

2010 Crossroads
Midnight Cherry

No Rice
No Pork
Just Beef

Enjoy the miles....we only get so many!
Donzo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Term's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 539
Default

I used the Witchdoctor unit on my Kingpin and I thought it worked pretty well.

2013 Vision Sunset Red - Stage 1 exhaust, VictoryHID Cyclops
2004 Kingpin - Traded
Term is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 03:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 21
Default BreakAway

I installed a Brakeway Cruise Control on my Suzuki. Was happy with the look and functionality. It made me realize that my next bike had to have full function Cruise Control. The model number was 7CP01 if I remember correctly.
Dave21042 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Lenox, IL
Posts: 246
Garage
Default

Brakeaway is the way to go. Its a well made product and I liked the safety aspect of it. Had it on my Hammer.

2014 X Country - Havasu Red 109 HP / 112 TQ Dyno Graph

2012 Hammer S 94 HP / 109 TQ (Sold) Dyno Graph
2006 Honda CBR600RR (Sold)
Cosmosgoat is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Donzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave21042 View Post
I installed a Brakeway Cruise Control on my Suzuki. Was happy with the look and functionality. It made me realize that my next bike had to have full function Cruise Control. The model number was 7CP01 if I remember correctly.
I'll look at it, thanks! I have some long rides planned and would love to rest both hands (not at once!) while gobbling miles.

2010 Crossroads
Midnight Cherry

No Rice
No Pork
Just Beef

Enjoy the miles....we only get so many!
Donzo is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 11:22 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,918
Garage
Default

I've been using the SAC Grips with the cruise control option for years on my XC. Almost since new in 2011.

I don't like the Victory cruise control because it moves the grip around. If it's going to move; I'd rather do it myself. It's simply friction type setup which is easy to engage or disengage.

Grips - CoolSAC

Lots of different styles to choose from.

Last edited by BBob; 09-03-2015 at 10:10 PM.
BBob is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 06:02 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Jamming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 430
Garage
Default

I use a Go Cruise. When I was getting the link to the Go Cruise for you all I found out there is now a Go Cruise 2. I like mine, easy to use, no install, takes seconds to pop on and off, inexpensive and effective.

I know it looks kinda of funky when its on, but its function over form and really the 2 seconds it takes to get off and on means you only need it on when you're gonna use it. Mine's on all the time.

Now along that line there's also the Omni-Cruise which is a blatent rip off of the
Go Cruise. I saw them at the Motorcycle show last year and called him on it. He admitted he used to work for Go Cruise and made the improvements but the owner of the original wasn't willing so he did them and split off. Looks like he took it to heart and upgraded.

I eat, breathe, live, love and ride motorcycles.

4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul.

2014 Cross Country
Wiseco fueler, Lloyds timing gear +4, Thrush modded mufflers and LLoyds air filter.
Jamming is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Donzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
I've been using the SAC Grips with the cruise control option for years on my XC. Almost since new in 2011.

I don't like the Victory cruise control because it moves the grip around. If it's going to move; I'd rather do it myself. It's simply friction type setup which is to engage or disengage.

Grips - CoolSAC

Lots of different styles to choose from.
These look pretty cool - which one fits our machines? Is it the Harley/non metric one

2010 Crossroads
Midnight Cherry

No Rice
No Pork
Just Beef

Enjoy the miles....we only get so many!
Donzo is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Donzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamming View Post
I use a Go Cruise. When I was getting the link to the Go Cruise for you all I found out there is now a Go Cruise 2. I like mine, easy to use, no install, takes seconds to pop on and off, inexpensive and effective.

I know it looks kinda of funky when its on, but its function over form and really the 2 seconds it takes to get off and on means you only need it on when you're gonna use it. Mine's on all the time.

Now along that line there's also the Omni-Cruise which is a blatent rip off of the
Go Cruise. I saw them at the Motorcycle show last year and called him on it. He admitted he used to work for Go Cruise and made the improvements but the owner of the original wasn't willing so he did them and split off. Looks like he took it to heart and upgraded.
This would be the easiest installation, for sure!

2010 Crossroads
Midnight Cherry

No Rice
No Pork
Just Beef

Enjoy the miles....we only get so many!
Donzo is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,918
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
These look pretty cool - which one fits our machines? Is it the Harley/non metric one
I would contact them. It's probably the metric ones. The one I'm using were on a Harley previously owned but I had to make significant changes in the throttle housing to make it work.
BBob is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome