Join Date: May 2012
Location: Terre Haute, IN
I gleaned this from a lot of posts, feel free to add or suggest any changes. This is my attempt to make myself a procedure.
1. Remove the front calipers from the fork mounts, remove the front wheel & axle.
2. Lose the Top cap a turn or two while shock is held firm.
3. Remove shocks.
4. Remove bottom bolt and washer.
5. Set a drain pan under fork and collect the old fork oil.
6. Remove cap carefully and take out spring, cartridge etc.
7. Rinse out fork legs with cleaner. Once everything is cleaned up (spring, cartridge, etc) reassemble the fork and install allen bolt removed to drain forks.
8. Compress fork and add appropriate quantity of oil (volume & measurement per manual)(481 cc +- 3cc for an XR).
9. Compress several times trying to remove all air bubbles.
10. using a syringe tube setup, lower the fork oil level to 106mm for an XR.
11. Reinstall fork caps and reverse the removal steps to reassemble.
I reject your reality, and submit my own!
2012 Cross Roads, Utopia Drivers Backrest, Victory Passenger Backrest, Tall Windshield, Lowers, Mirror Extenders, 3m Clear Paint Protective film.