How does the HID connector come off? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
BenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 295
Garage
Default How does the HID connector come off?

I need some help, please. I need to remove the headlamp so I can pull the fairing off my XCT. I'm having a hell of a time making heads or tails of the HID connector. Can anyone shed some light my way? Thanks.


2012 XC Tour, Sunset Red/Silver, California Sidecar Trike Conversion, custom seat by CycleOpsUSA.com
Phoenix, AZ
BenD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Administrator
 
CrossRoads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 5,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenD View Post
I need some help, please. I need to remove the headlamp so I can pull the fairing off my XCT. I'm having a hell of a time making heads or tails of the HID connector. Can anyone shed some light my way? Thanks.

3 prong connector - comes out by pulling away from the bulb. You might have to press on little plastic locking tab to release it.

Please add your bike's year and model to your signature. Here's why.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riding: 2011 Cross Roads & 2016 Springfield
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
BenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 295
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
3 prong connector - comes out by pulling away from the bulb. You might have to press on little plastic locking tab to release it.
The connector I see is metal and is a 90 degree fitting. It clips somehow into the ballast, but I can't seem to figure out how to squeeze, pry,twist, etc. to get it apart. With my luck I'll end up breaking it. Thanks for replying.

2012 XC Tour, Sunset Red/Silver, California Sidecar Trike Conversion, custom seat by CycleOpsUSA.com
Phoenix, AZ
BenD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Administrator
 
CrossRoads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 5,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenD View Post
The connector I see is metal and is a 90 degree fitting. It clips somehow into the ballast, but I can't seem to figure out how to squeeze, pry,twist, etc. to get it apart. With my luck I'll end up breaking it. Thanks for replying.
Disconnect it at the bulb end, not at the ballast end.

If you think you cannot disconnect it without breaking it, it's best to stop, take a deep breath, and simply unscrew the bulb from the headlight housing. Hold the square, metal base as you unscrew it. Make sure not to touch the bulb glass with your fingers. Place bulb in a plastic bag and wrap with paper or anything to protect the bulb while you work on the bike, tape it together, and leave it hanging 'till you're ready to put the faring back together.

Please add your bike's year and model to your signature. Here's why.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riding: 2011 Cross Roads & 2016 Springfield
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
BenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 295
Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
Disconnect it at the bulb end, not at the ballast end.

If you think you cannot disconnect it without breaking it, it's best to stop, take a deep breath, and simply unscrew the bulb from the headlight housing. Hold the square, metal base as you unscrew it. Make sure not to touch the bulb glass with your fingers. Place bulb in a plastic bag and wrap with paper or anything to protect the bulb while you work on the bike, tape it together, and leave it hanging 'till you're ready to put the faring back together.
Got her done. It was just a matter of not being timid.
BTW, the connector is metal, not plastic. Thanks again for your help.

2012 XC Tour, Sunset Red/Silver, California Sidecar Trike Conversion, custom seat by CycleOpsUSA.com
Phoenix, AZ
BenD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome