Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chattanooga, TN
1. check to see if the muffler connections are leak free. since the previous owner changed the mufflers, perhaps they aren't sealed or seated very well at the connections.
2. is there a PCV or any other tuner under the left side cover?
3. these bikes ran very lean from the factory so yes, adding more intake air with the K&N could produce a more lean condition and possibly worsen the popping.
4. regardless of what performance items may or may not be on your CCT, you'll greatly benefit from a ride out to The Vic Shop in Iowa. They'll tune your CCT to run perfect regardless of what you or the previous owner added to the bike. yes, you'll need either a PCV or an ECM reflash. The guys at The Vic Shop are simply awesome. Their number is: 515-339-4313
5. are you blipping the throttle on downshifts? if so, try not doing that and see if the popping goes away or is greatly reduced. many stock Victory's didn't respond well to blipping the throttle on downshifts. once Rylan and Gabe at The Vic Shop tune your CCT, blip away without issue.
6. congratulations on your CCT. IMHO, it's the very best motorcycle on the road. the senior management team at Polaris are IMHO, the polar opposite of anything good. i have over 50K miles on my CCT and have yet to find something it doesn't due exceptionally well.
7. i can't recommend the The Vic Shop installing a Lloyds air filter, Lloyds cams, Lloyds timing wheel, Lloyds 1/4 turn throttle ring, PCV or ECM reflash and the set of mufflers of your choice. You'll be adding about 30hp, 20 ft.lbs of torque, increase your fuel mileage by about 3 and greatly reducing the felt heat coming off the engine.
let us know what you end up doing.
All the best,
The Bible: Read, Apply, Repeat
"That's a beautiful Victory!"
"Who makes it?"
Who turns Victory into defeat? Polaris Industries, that's who.
2012 Pearl White CCT. Lloyds DR cams, Timing Wheel (+4), Air Filter, 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring, PCV, Tri Oval mufflers, Dyno Tune from Rylan Vos - The Vic Shop: 112/113. Bad Ace Billet tank lifts and Raging Cajun Medium Low & Throaty mufflers added well after the Dyno run.