I'll try the TPS reset and see. I got a few recommendations on the facebook group about throwing some seafoam in the tank, but I'm not a fan of that particular one.
As for the Scorpion, here is the Cole's/Cliff Notes version (depending on where you are from)
- Bike was purchased from a "dealership" that mostly specialized in sport bikes, they bought auction lots in the US of dealer demo bikes and brought them up here
- Bike was a dealer demo with ~2000 miles on it, from Hawaii
- Originally looked at it in 2014, but walked away
- Went back in 2016, still there, so I made an offer pointing out they hadn't sold it since I looked at in 2014, they didn't like it, walked away again, but they called me back half an hour later and accepted the offer
- they put the wrong oil in it, not knowing anything about the fun we vic owners have with oil. they also over adjusted the clutch cable so no free play
- The first ride, clutch slipped so bad I couldn't get it to shift up or down after the bike warmed up (10 minute ride).
- Limped it home in 1st doing 30 KM/h at around 4-5000 rpm. Clutch BURNT
- Dealership agreed to pay for a new clutch, and I need the bike for a wedding 2 weeks later, but the ACTUAL Vic dealership couldn't do it before then, so they paid for a Scorpion from WD, which was $300 cheaper than Ma' Vic
- Took me another 3 years to finally get the right combination of clutch springs/EZ-Pull/Clutch Levers to make the clutch manageable
And yes, that is the short story.