best put a blanket over your tank just as a precautionary measure...helps to have an extra pair of hands too , though I fitted my Burleigh Bars myself, had to pull on the front brake cable a bit to gain clearance.
I didn't break anything though, had to die-grind the location lugs off my switch-blocks and controls but.
One trick is to cut a groove in the top of the screw with a hacksaw (blade) or a dremel cutting wheel. Another is to get a hold of it with some sharp nosed vise grips. Of course you can drill it out. Seems like it must be soft metal. Just try not to mess up the threads. After you get it out; run a tap through the threads to clean them up.
You don't have a lot of room to work with so I suspect you will be drilling it out. Sometimes you can drill just deep enough to grab it with those vise grips to turn it a little at a time.
The key word for this project is patience and try not to get frustrated. Everyone who is a shade-tree mechanic has done this so you're in good company.
I just got done swapping fuel pumps in my Mustang. Success! But it took me twice as long as I thought it would. Good thing I had that Harbor Freight motorcycle lift to lower and raise the tank back into place. That was the first time I did a fuel pump swap on a car. The swap was easy. Lower and raising it with the fuel pipe fighting me was a pain in the butt. Car starts right up now instead of having to crank for a while.
Mechanicin' can be frustrating but usually when it's all said and done; there's a good feeling of accomplishment.
Well done fck up the Phillip screw in the kill switch the head strip so how do I get it out without screwing anything else
its probably not phillips but JIS, thats why they chew out, very common happening using phillips on jap bikes,
got an impact driver? use it...with force into whats left plus twisting force and a hit with a hammer should jar it loose.
No impact driver? ..worth investing in one....You could try hitting a phillips with a hammer, usually a few good taps before you even start to try to unscrew will loosen the thread.
Drilling out is a severe last option
Ok finally got them on
I wound up drilling the screw and using a extractor broke the first then had to redrill it and using the next size bigger extractor and finally got it out
Used a grinder to make a slot to use a straight screwdriver
Just came back from a test ride what a difference the bars make
Now for my new problem my cruise does not work now the light comes on but when you set it it won't engage
The only thing I can think of is maybe I got the green and white plugs switched around on the right side