PCV and Autotune installed - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
sparkyo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tomball texas
Posts: 135
Default PCV and Autotune installed

Got up early today and tore the bike down. Installed Lloydz filter, PCV, and the Autotune module. Not a hard project but sucks if you have big hands like me. Those injectors are a bitch..lol. Also wired in some 6 light LED strips along the leading edge of the crash bars at the top for the "triangle of light". (pix to follow). Put it all back together and it started right up. Started to rain so will have to wait for first ride to see where my starting point is. I downloaded a map off the Dynotune website which was for RPW exhaust and hi flo filter. I have Witchdoc modified baffled exhaust..As I find out where I am at and download my autotune adjustments, I may need some help trying to understand how to fine tune the AFR, etc.

2013 XC ANTI-FREEZE GREEN
Tomball Tx.
sparkyo1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default

I know what you mean about the injector plugs... they sucked to do. When I did mine I still had the stock air box installed, I still have nightmares about that front cylinder connector.

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ
LILMAGS500 is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
GatorJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lake City, FL
Posts: 1,018
Garage
Default

No expert on the PCV w AT but let the AT work it's magic for a while and then some better experienced member may give you some guidance to set your Trims ..

2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse/2005 Dyna Super Glide
GatorJoe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 01:45 AM
Senior Member
 
lunaticrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,845
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJoe View Post
No expert on the PCV w AT but let the AT work it's magic for a while and then some better experienced member may give you some guidance to set your Trims ..
No, check what the afr settings are on the autotune stock and start adjusting, as I can almost guarantee you they will be rich...

2012 Hammer 8 Ball - All upgrades are listed in my Garage
If racing was outlawed ... Then only outlaws would race ...
lunaticrider is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 06:51 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: JOCO KS
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaticrider View Post
No, check what the afr settings are on the autotune stock and start adjusting, as I can almost guarantee you they will be rich...
Yup, every "canned map" I've seen has been overly rich.

DavidT

2011 Silver/black Vision, Ness Big Honkers, Ness Twin Sucker, PC-V w/AT, Lloydz VM1-DR cams, Lloydz Adj Intake, Lloydz Variable Timing Wheel.

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
sparkyo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tomball texas
Posts: 135
Default

weather has gotten better so about to ride for the first time. my question is how much or how far do I need to ride to make my first few adjustments. from what I understand I ride for a while then download the new autotune map into the PVC. the first few downloads may be a "larger" adjustment but as you drive and download the adjustments they will get smaller and smaller in nature....Correct?

2013 XC ANTI-FREEZE GREEN
Tomball Tx.
sparkyo1 is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: JOCO KS
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyo1 View Post
weather has gotten better so about to ride for the first time. my question is how much or how far do I need to ride to make my first few adjustments. from what I understand I ride for a while then download the new autotune map into the PVC. the first few downloads may be a "larger" adjustment but as you drive and download the adjustments they will get smaller and smaller in nature....Correct?
Pretty close, yes. And I consider it more of a "merge" than a "download". You "accept" the trims into the base map. But, what a lot of folks don't understand, is that you DO NOT HAVE TO accept them (or merge them). The running, real time fuel settings are always the result of the aggregate of the base map and the trim tables....

2011 Silver/black Vision, Ness Big Honkers, Ness Twin Sucker, PC-V w/AT, Lloydz VM1-DR cams, Lloydz Adj Intake, Lloydz Variable Timing Wheel.

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Senior Member
 
tonygiotta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central California
Posts: 340
Default

While the real time fuel settings are a combination of the base map and fuel trim tables, you DO HAVE TO accept the trims if you want your AT to continue tuning, especially early on. When setting up the AT functions in the PCV, one of the things you do is set the limits on how much fuel the AT is permitted to add/remove. This is done in order to safeguard the engine should an O2 sensor crap out on you as it will prevent the AT from making any drastic changes.

Say for example you set the maximum "add" to 10 and "remove" to 5. The AT is now restricted to that variance from the base map. If at a certain RPM/throttle combination the AT determines it wants to add more than 10 (or remove more than 5), it must wait until you accept the trims thereby "clearing the slate" on the trim table. With the base map adjusted and the trim table zeroed out, the AT can then resume tuning until it once again hits the limits.

When you no longer see any of the limit numbers (10 or -5 in this example) in any of the cells on your trim table, the AT is essentially done tuning your bike. Some folks even turn off and/or remove their AT at this point. If left on, it will continue to adjust for changes in riding conditions, but you no longer need to continue the routine of accepting the trims because they more than likely will remain within the limits. If you decide down the road that you want to change your intake/engine/exhaust set up or start playing with your air/fuel ratio target table, the process of accepting the trims starts all over again.

'04 Kingpin - Blue w/ Tribal Flames (sold)
'12 Cross Country - Imperial Blue
tonygiotta is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: JOCO KS
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygiotta View Post
While the real time fuel settings are a combination of the base map and fuel trim tables, you DO HAVE TO accept the trims if you want your AT to continue tuning, especially early on. When setting up the AT functions in the PCV, one of the things you do is set the limits on how much fuel the AT is permitted to add/remove. This is done in order to safeguard the engine should an O2 sensor crap out on you as it will prevent the AT from making any drastic changes.

Say for example you set the maximum "add" to 10 and "remove" to 5. The AT is now restricted to that variance from the base map. If at a certain RPM/throttle combination the AT determines it wants to add more than 10 (or remove more than 5), it must wait until you accept the trims thereby "clearing the slate" on the trim table. With the base map adjusted and the trim table zeroed out, the AT can then resume tuning until it once again hits the limits.

When you no longer see any of the limit numbers (10 or -5 in this example) in any of the cells on your trim table, the AT is essentially done tuning your bike. Some folks even turn off and/or remove their AT at this point. If left on, it will continue to adjust for changes in riding conditions, but you no longer need to continue the routine of accepting the trims because they more than likely will remain within the limits. If you decide down the road that you want to change your intake/engine/exhaust set up or start playing with your air/fuel ratio target table, the process of accepting the trims starts all over again.
Good points, but remember that the AT can't tell if you are under load at a particular throttle position and rpm. So, the fuel requirement would be different. The fuel requirements will not remain constant. 3k rpm at 20% throttle might require adding 12 points of fuel under load, but may require removing 3 points under no load at the same cell! Fortunately, the AT unit can make these changes in real time (within the parameters defined in the enrichment/enleanment settings)

2011 Silver/black Vision, Ness Big Honkers, Ness Twin Sucker, PC-V w/AT, Lloydz VM1-DR cams, Lloydz Adj Intake, Lloydz Variable Timing Wheel.

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Good points, but remember that the AT can't tell if you are under load at a particular throttle position and rpm. So, the fuel requirement would be different. The fuel requirements will not remain constant. 3k rpm at 20% throttle might require adding 12 points of fuel under load, but may require removing 3 points under no load at the same cell! Fortunately, the AT unit can make these changes in real time (within the parameters defined in the enrichment/enleanment settings)
That's good info Gunslinger, possibly adding autotune to my horse soon... I'm hoping to be a pro at this @ install !

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ
LILMAGS500 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome