Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Rims and Apes - opinions and help
Morning all. I hope everyone is having a kick a$$ riding season. I just got back from a week long trip to BC. Amazing roads in there.
So I need some input on two projects. Bars, and a front wheel.
I am looking at the HMD520 and the Ness modular apes. I'm leaning toward the Ness simply because they are adjustable and I like that. At 5'10", should I be going with the 8s or the 12s? I don't want the bars way over the fairing, just nice and straight out in front of me. I've been having a hard time trying to see the difference between the 8s and 12s in pics.
I wouldn't rule out the KewlMetal meat hangers either though.
As well, I don't want to redo my lines and cables so that will likely impact my decision as well.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, mainly on the Ness 8" apes.
It's time to change out the front. I am looking for a nice front rim but not sure about what sizes will fit the stock fender and not mess with the suspension.
- What size should I be looking at? I'm thinking 21".
- With a 21", will the stock fender work?
- With a 21", will the suspension have issues?
- When do I need to get a new fender?
- How do rotors work when doing this? I have never swapped out a front wheel before.
- Finally, what are some good wheels out there? My machine is black and chrome and I want the wheels to be the same. I've got the scythe mirrors and the pointy avon grips so I want a wheel that has some hard lines, points, and is black and chrome as well.
If y'all can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to get some work done prior to Sturgis this year.
Cheers and Peace.
2011 XC Black
2010 JP Black
2008 Vegas 8ball