2010 Victory Cross Roads ? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Hemidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 352
Default 2010 Victory Cross Roads ?

Victory Cross Roads - $11500
2010 model, Mint condition, 2,100 miles
Cruise control, driving lights (driving lights still in the box)
6-speed w/overdrive
106 cubic inch V-Twin
Serious offers only.



This is for sale near me,and I have never ridden a Victory but I sat on a 2013 XC and was really impressed.
Hopefully I will be able to demo one soon

Can someone tell me how this compares to the 2013 XC?
Meaning the ride? Are the handlebars/seat the same?
Is this a decent price?
Any thoughts

Thanks Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00D0D_eFal9KxDazx_600x450.jpg (32.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 00k0k_1BQFNZZhiyS_600x450.jpg (58.0 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 00X0X_2rjWpoGYXjX_600x450.jpg (52.0 KB, 42 views)
Hemidan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SE PA
Posts: 418
Default

I'm not sure if they are the same bars but I know that they will be a bit lighter without the fairing and you will have a difference in wind management but other then that same bike.

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Sunset Red.
Parts added to make her louder, faster and more mine.
Stage 1 filter and pipes, Lloydz VFIII & ATW.
Clearwater Darla, LED GLO, emergency lights and siren.
Bushtec hitch and harness, Kompact Kamp trailer.
ChuglyXJ is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Administrator
 
CrossRoads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 5,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemidan View Post
Victory Cross Roads - $11500
2010 model, Mint condition, 2,100 miles
Cruise control, driving lights (driving lights still in the box)
6-speed w/overdrive
106 cubic inch V-Twin
Serious offers only.



This is for sale near me,and I have never ridden a Victory but I sat on a 2013 XC and was really impressed.
Hopefully I will be able to demo one soon

Can someone tell me how this compares to the 2013 XC?
Meaning the ride? Are the handlebars/seat the same?
Is this a decent price?
Any thoughts

Thanks Dan
Handlebars
The Cross Roads (XR) has 2-inch less pullback than the Cross Country (XC). However, if you need the XC handlebars, there's always someone going to apes, and they let their stock XC bars go for next to nothing. So, I would not worry about the handlebars.

No Fairing
The XR does not have a fairing (or the fairing stereo), and that's where it differs from the XC. Instead it has a removable windshield. This can be a plus or a minus, depending on what you like. If you like having a fairing, and/or stereo, the XC has those, and the XR does not. On the other hand, if you like being able to quickly remove the wind protection for summer cruises around town, the XR allows you to do that, while the XC does not.

2010-vs-2013
Regardless if you're looking at XR or XC, when comparing 2010 models to the 2013, you have to keep in mind that 2013 has ABS, while 2010 does not. Also the 2010 needs oil changes every 2500 miles, compared to the 5000 mile interval for the 2011-2013 models.

All that being said, the bike you're looking at is a lot cheaper than a 2013 XC. You should get it even if you keep it only for a year or so, and sell it when you're ready for the new XC. You wont' lose much if anything when buying a used bike and keeping it only a year or two. Once you own it, you'll know if you're itching to get an XC or if the XR fits your needs better.

Please add your bike's year and model to your signature. Here's why.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riding: 2011 Cross Roads & 2016 Springfield
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Hemidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
Handlebars
The Cross Roads (XR) has 2-inch less pullback than the Cross Country (XC). However, if you need the XC handlebars, there's always someone going to apes, and they let their stock XC bars go for next to nothing. So, I would not worry about the handlebars.

No Fairing
The XR does not have a fairing (or the fairing stereo), and that's where it differs from the XC. Instead it has a removable windshield. This can be a plus or a minus, depending on what you like. If you like having a fairing, and/or stereo, the XC has those, and the XR does not. On the other hand, if you like being able to quickly remove the wind protection for summer cruises around town, the XR allows you to do that, while the XC does not.

2010-vs-2013
Regardless if you're looking at XR or XC, when comparing 2010 models to the 2013, you have to keep in mind that 2013 has ABS, while 2010 does not. Also the 2010 needs oil changes every 2500 miles, compared to the 5000 mile interval for the 2011-2013 models.

All that being said, the bike you're looking at is a lot cheaper than a 2013 XC. You should get it even if you keep it only for a year or so, and sell it when you're ready for the new XC. You wont' lose much if anything when buying a used bike and keeping it only a year or two. Once you own it, you'll know if you're itching to get an XC or if the XR fits your needs better.
wow,thanks for all the info

Why would you have to change the oil so often?
Hemidan is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Administrator
 
CrossRoads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 5,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemidan View Post
wow,thanks for all the info

Why would you have to change the oil so often?
In 2011, the transmission got a little update which yielded slightly reduced gear whine, and allowed the oil change interval to go from 2,500 miles to 5,000 miles. Oil's cheap, so the oil change frequency should not be a deal breaker, unless you ride coast to coast often, and don't want to stop for an oil change. I only mentioned it because it is a difference that does have some monetary impact. You can calculate how many miles you plan to put on it each year, and how many years you estimate to own it, and see if that's a factor into your decision or not.

Please add your bike's year and model to your signature. Here's why.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riding: 2011 Cross Roads & 2016 Springfield
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Hemidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
In 2011, the transmission got a little update which yielded slightly reduced gear whine, and allowed the oil change interval to go from 2,500 miles to 5,000 miles. Oil's cheap, so the oil change frequency should not be a deal breaker, unless you ride coast to coast often, and don't want to stop for an oil change. I only mentioned it because it is a difference that does have some monetary impact. You can calculate how many miles you plan to put on it each year, and how many years you estimate to own it, and see if that's a factor into your decision or not.
No,I was just curious
Thanks again
The person selling it didnt leave his email or phone #,so I have to reply to graigslist and they have not responded yet
Hemidan is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Hemidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 352
Default

ok,I was able to finally go check out this bike,I did not take it for a ride because the father(the owner) was not home,He is selling because he is having problems with his eye sight.

It felt very comfortable,not sure I like the stock exhaust(not loud enough).The handle bar reach was good and everything
So when I go back to test ride it and I like it what should I offer him?How low should I go


Thanks Dan
Hemidan is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Tarzan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chandler,Az.
Posts: 977
Default

That is a fair price already.However, You should be able to get it down some. Really low miles is nice. Although,bikes that sit can develop problems as well as tires being a concern when they get old.
You can buy a brand new leftover for about $15,000 right now.So, take that into account when negotiating. I bought my '11 CR earlier this year for 11.5 with lots of accessories and 13,500 miles on it .
Good luck.

'14 Ness XC
Tarzan is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Hemidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
That is a fair price already.However, You should be able to get it down some. Really low miles is nice. Although,bikes that sit can develop problems as well as tires being a concern when they get old.
You can buy a brand new leftover for about $15,000 right now.So, take that into account when negotiating. I bought my '11 CR earlier this year for 11.5 with lots of accessories and 13,500 miles on it .
Good luck.

thanks
yeah,I looking into brand new 13's,too....i'm so confused....
Hemidan is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 05:26 AM
Senior Member
 
TNXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 2,279
Default

I would offer 9k and not go much higher than that. XR's are not high demand bikes and there are quite a few of us who got them brand new for 25% or so off.

2011 Cross Roads Sunset Red
OEM short windshield, passenger backrest, crash bars, saddle bag bars, heated grips, vinyl closeouts, tachometer, ambient temp, LED headlight, luggage rack. WD lay down licence plate.
TNXR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome