Lloyd'z Idle Air Valve need help - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tallinn
Posts: 8
Default Lloyd'z Idle Air Valve need help

Hello to all owners of Victory. I also have a CR Victory 2012 Classic, I'm Russian living in Estonia. Just like many bikers, I replaced some parts, mufflers, filter, installed Power Commander, and other details. But I have a problem during the installation of the Lloyd'z Idle Air valve. Somebody can post photos already installed valve, and write recommendations?
Thank you for your understanding, I hope to find the answer in your comments.
Serge.
cidec is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 06:56 AM
Senior Member
 
roboots21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Adams, MA
Posts: 233
Garage
Default

What is the install issue you are having? I don't have any pictures but may be able to help as I have installed this before on two bikes.

**2012 Victory Cross Roads** Black Betty - 118 HP/122 TQ - Tuned by Lloydz
-- Lloydz Performance/PCV/Atom Bombs/UDP/Victory Stuff/1" Drop/Corbin/Accel/Mastiff Stick/Kuyrakyn/Stebel/HMD/Barnett/Ness/21" 'Gunner'/Avons --

**2008 Victory Vegas Jackpot** Black Beast
-- Lloydz Performance/Vic Swepts/RPW/KMPS/Ness/Avons/MBW/Kuryakyn/Custom Machined Bits --

2006 Victory Vegas - Spongebob (TRADED)
1982 Honda Magna V45 (SOLD)
roboots21 is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Liverpool UK
Posts: 275
Default

Remove fuel tank, cheese wedges, IAC bracket, IAV has 2 O rings you put on, IAC has 3 connections, 2 small tubes and 1 larger middle tube, 3 tubes connect to IAC using 3 way rubber connecter, remove rubber connecter and carefully cut out the larger middle connecter, cut 1/2" off and keep, keep and re-use 2 smaller rubber connections, hold IAC bracket against bike to make sure IAV adjusting screw is under IAC in order to adjust when fitted, lube O ring side of IAV and carefully push into middle nipple of IAC, fit the larger middle shaped plastic tube into the opposite side of IAV and slide heat shrink over, this is the tricky bit fasten IAC bracket with IAV on engine and route larger middle shaped tube through engine so it can be tie wrapped to LHS cheese wedge bracket, with plastic tube being shaped make a mark on IAV so if it moves when removing it to heatshrink, when happy with routing of shaped plastic tube remove IAC bracket and apply heat to shrink down on plastic tube and IAV, re-route plastic tube through engine, connect 2 smaller tubes on IAC, IAV is in the middle, fasten IAC bracket, 1/2" piece of tube place on end of shaped plastic tube and use insulation tape to stop it falling into small filter, tie wrap filter end of tube, the other small fiter goes on engine breather pipe, place filter next to breather pipe and mark breather were your gonna cut if you have to, make sure fuel tank doesnt squash filter.
Mine is a 2010 vegas with torque tubes fitted.
I bought a piece of flexible tube the same size as the hard shaped plastic tube and used that instead, easier to route through engine and tie wrap to bracket.
Hope this helps, i found instructions confusing
Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 065.jpg (40.4 KB, 34 views)

2010 Vegas 8 Ball
VM1 cams, TTI, IAV, PCV, Timing wheel, RPW Thor
glassback is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tallinn
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboots21 View Post
What is the install issue you are having? I don't have any pictures but may be able to help as I have installed this before on two bikes.
Hi roboots21! Thanks for reply! The only thing I did not understand at what place should be installed this valve, on the left side of the motorcycle under the fuel tank? That's why I wanted to see the picture.
cidec is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tallinn
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassback View Post
Remove fuel tank, cheese wedges, IAC bracket, IAV has 2 O rings you put on, IAC has 3 connections, 2 small tubes and 1 larger middle tube, 3 tubes connect to IAC using 3 way rubber connecter, remove rubber connecter and carefully cut out the larger middle connecter, cut 1/2" off and keep, keep and re-use 2 smaller rubber connections, hold IAC bracket against bike to make sure IAV adjusting screw is under IAC in order to adjust when fitted, lube O ring side of IAV and carefully push into middle nipple of IAC, fit the larger middle shaped plastic tube into the opposite side of IAV and slide heat shrink over, this is the tricky bit fasten IAC bracket with IAV on engine and route larger middle shaped tube through engine so it can be tie wrapped to LHS cheese wedge bracket, with plastic tube being shaped make a mark on IAV so if it moves when removing it to heatshrink, when happy with routing of shaped plastic tube remove IAC bracket and apply heat to shrink down on plastic tube and IAV, re-route plastic tube through engine, connect 2 smaller tubes on IAC, IAV is in the middle, fasten IAC bracket, 1/2" piece of tube place on end of shaped plastic tube and use insulation tape to stop it falling into small filter, tie wrap filter end of tube, the other small fiter goes on engine breather pipe, place filter next to breather pipe and mark breather were your gonna cut if you have to, make sure fuel tank doesnt squash filter.
Mine is a 2010 vegas with torque tubes fitted.
I bought a piece of flexible tube the same size as the hard shaped plastic tube and used that instead, easier to route through engine and tie wrap to bracket.
Hope this helps, i found instructions confusing
Good luck
Hi glassback! Thanks for helping!
I tried to do the same way, but I found that the diameter of the middle rubber hose and IAV nipple do not fit together . I was in doubt. This means as you wrote, the final location of the IAV should be on the right side of the motorcycle? Just behind the IAC, the IAV should be directly connect to an IAC. Right?

Last edited by cidec; 08-08-2013 at 04:00 AM.
cidec is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 06:39 AM
Senior Member
 
roboots21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Adams, MA
Posts: 233
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidec View Post
Hi glassback! Thanks for helping!
I tried to do the same way, but I found that the diameter of the middle hose is not the same as the diameter of the IAV nipple. I was in doubt. This means as you wrote, the final location of the IAV should be on the right side of the motorcycle? Just behind the IAC, the IAV should be directly connect to an IAC. Right?
You are correct. Directly behind the IAC. This picture should help .. final location after all is installed .. you can see the knob in the middle of the picture:


**2012 Victory Cross Roads** Black Betty - 118 HP/122 TQ - Tuned by Lloydz
-- Lloydz Performance/PCV/Atom Bombs/UDP/Victory Stuff/1" Drop/Corbin/Accel/Mastiff Stick/Kuyrakyn/Stebel/HMD/Barnett/Ness/21" 'Gunner'/Avons --

**2008 Victory Vegas Jackpot** Black Beast
-- Lloydz Performance/Vic Swepts/RPW/KMPS/Ness/Avons/MBW/Kuryakyn/Custom Machined Bits --

2006 Victory Vegas - Spongebob (TRADED)
1982 Honda Magna V45 (SOLD)
roboots21 is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Senior Member
 
RICZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 12,052
Default

Serge,
I have installed that valve, but it was so long ago, I am not remembering much. I do recall that you do not need to remove the tank, but you must remove the bracket that holds the cheese wedge for better access. Once you have removed the old valve, you connect the three tubes to the new valve.
When the new valve is in place, turn the screw in (clockwise) just until it stops. Then turn it counter-clockwise 4 turns. Ride the bike and if corrections are needed, do them a 1/4 turn at a time.
I hope this helps.

2010 Midnight Cherry XR. 7Jurock, Lloydz AF, ATS, AFR tuned VFCIII, IAV, and T-6 and locally repacked pipes = big smiles. SOLD to a dear friend, so it's still in the family."
2017 Spyder F3 Limited - keeps this old guy in the wind and riding with friends.
Cure that ugly stand up license plate with the cheapest and best laydown bracket. Click this:
https://www.victoryforums.com/11-ven...t-x-bikes.html
RICZ is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Liverpool UK
Posts: 275
Default

Hi, i removed the 2 smaller outside tubes as well from the IAC that go to each end of throttle body. I connected them to IAC then fed them through engine gap, found it easier that way. Fitted Torque Tubes same time
Theres no old valve to remove Ricz, IAV is the valve you fit to the existing IAC to adjust the idle air intake

2010 Vegas 8 Ball
VM1 cams, TTI, IAV, PCV, Timing wheel, RPW Thor

Last edited by glassback; 08-07-2013 at 01:18 PM.
glassback is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Senior Member
 
RICZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 12,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassback View Post
Hi, i removed the 2 smaller outside tubes as well from the IAC that go to each end of throttle body. I connected them to IAC then fed them through engine gap, found it easier that way. Fitted Torque Tubes same time
Theres no old valve to remove Ricz, IAV is the valve you fit to the existing IAC to adjust the idle air intake
Thanks for the reminder--ol' chemo brain struck again. There was something there, what was it? A T fitting?

2010 Midnight Cherry XR. 7Jurock, Lloydz AF, ATS, AFR tuned VFCIII, IAV, and T-6 and locally repacked pipes = big smiles. SOLD to a dear friend, so it's still in the family."
2017 Spyder F3 Limited - keeps this old guy in the wind and riding with friends.
Cure that ugly stand up license plate with the cheapest and best laydown bracket. Click this:
https://www.victoryforums.com/11-ven...t-x-bikes.html
RICZ is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: newport ri
Posts: 16
Default

Ricz,
the i/4 turn adjustments continue counter clockwise ?
thank you

2010 xc
alphawlf99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome