cross roads fairing question - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
worm5932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 355
Default cross roads fairing question

ok, lets try this again.

I have a 2010 victory cross roads and I just got a fairing for it. it is the victory cross roads fairing kit, NOT an aftermarket fairing. I plan to put a stereo in it before I have it painted so its handled as little as possible after paint. the fairing came assembled with the exception of the windshield that goes on with 3 bolts. I will need to take the fairing apart to mount the amp inside the fairing and hide all the wires.

my question is, has anyone had one of these apart? there are 4 screws through each side of the inner fairing, and 2 screws on each side through the outer fairing. if I had to guess the 4 through the outer fairing (2 each side) are what holds the 2 halves together. if that's the case I can mount the fairing to the bike and remove the outer panel, leaving the inner fairing hanging from the bike to mount the radio.

I will find out how this works regardless of what is found here. I have searched all over the internet including this site and some other sites I regular, if this info is out there I cant find it. I work on things for a living and I know sometimes things don't go as planned. I figured while I was waiting for time to work on this thing id see if there was someone who had done this.

1- instructions, its not in there
2- inside
3- 4 screws through inner fairing
4- 2 screws through outer fairing
5- front side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131204_202709730.jpg (18.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131204_202745305.jpg (18.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131204_202737222.jpg (20.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131204_202859954.jpg (17.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131204_202829008_HDR.jpg (28.1 KB, 27 views)

2010 cross roads, Lamborghini Monterey blue
victory fairing with my own audio kit
timing wheel, lloydz filter, atom bomb slip ons
PCV w/ auto tune, VM1 cams, dyno tune by the vic shop, 117HP 119TQ

Last edited by worm5932; 12-04-2013 at 09:17 PM.
worm5932 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 118
Default

unscrew all the small button head bolts and then the bolts that hold the speak grill on and you should be able to pull it apart.

I'm cracking mine open friday or saturday, so I can give you specific details then if you wish.

Quick favor though.. Could you post a picture of the page in the instruction manual where it shows how to mount it? I got mine used, so no instructions

Also, what are you doing for audio? I was thinking of RockFord Fosgate 300x2 Punch amp with a bluetooth receiver adaptor hooked up straight to the amp, then 6.5 speakers

2013 Hardball in NYC
VictoryHID high & Low
WitchDoctor Laydown License Plate
WitchDoctor short kickstand
HMD Air Ride
Digital Guard Dawg Keyless Ingition
Vic HardBall OEM Fairing
sinned is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Winsted, MN
Posts: 372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinned View Post
Also, what are you doing for audio? I was thinking of RockFord Fosgate 300x2 Punch amp with a bluetooth receiver adaptor hooked up straight to the amp, then 6.5 speakers
What is this bluetooth receiver you are referring to? Do you have a link? I'm going to be installing that amp sometime soon and this sounds interesting. Nicer than having to put my phone in the saddlebag hooked to the aux-in jack.

Thanks,
Rob

2012 Victory Cross Country - Imperial Blue
2008 Honda CBR1000RR - Winning Red
2003 Honda VTX 1800C - Illusion Blue
BigBlue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
What is this bluetooth receiver you are referring to? Do you have a link? I'm going to be installing that amp sometime soon and this sounds interesting. Nicer than having to put my phone in the saddlebag hooked to the aux-in jack.

Thanks,
Rob
I haven't tried it out yet, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. You may have to strip off the connectors and plug the wires directly into the Input of the amp. Also, I haven't spent a ton of time looking around, so there may be cheaper solutions

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_822BTRE...C.html?tp=8395

2013 Hardball in NYC
VictoryHID high & Low
WitchDoctor Laydown License Plate
WitchDoctor short kickstand
HMD Air Ride
Digital Guard Dawg Keyless Ingition
Vic HardBall OEM Fairing
sinned is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
worm5932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 355
Default

That thing looks pretty cool. Definitely an option I am now considering. What about volume control?
I am planning on using the Rockford fosgate pcb300 amp with 5.25 speakers. What adapters are you using to go to 6.5"?

2010 cross roads, Lamborghini Monterey blue
victory fairing with my own audio kit
timing wheel, lloydz filter, atom bomb slip ons
PCV w/ auto tune, VM1 cams, dyno tune by the vic shop, 117HP 119TQ
worm5932 is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
worm5932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 355
Default

[QUOTE=sinned;597874

Quick favor though.. Could you post a picture of the page in the instruction manual where it shows how to mount it? I got mine used, so no instructions

It mounts just like the windshield.

2010 cross roads, Lamborghini Monterey blue
victory fairing with my own audio kit
timing wheel, lloydz filter, atom bomb slip ons
PCV w/ auto tune, VM1 cams, dyno tune by the vic shop, 117HP 119TQ
worm5932 is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Winsted, MN
Posts: 372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinned View Post
I haven't tried it out yet, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. You may have to strip off the connectors and plug the wires directly into the Input of the amp. Also, I haven't spent a ton of time looking around, so there may be cheaper solutions

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_822BTRE...C.html?tp=8395
Looks interesting! I also found a couple other 'bluetooth dongles' when looking after seeing this. They are similar but not identical. They have a few more connection options but they require a USB power source to charge their battery. This one being hard-wired would be a better choice. The RF PBR300X4 amp should be able to be connected directly via the RCA inputs. I guess the main question is how to switch inputs between the stock radio and this device. Plus the volume question asked above.

Sorry for thread-jacking... Maybe a mod could split off this audio part of the thread?

Rob

2012 Victory Cross Country - Imperial Blue
2008 Honda CBR1000RR - Winning Red
2003 Honda VTX 1800C - Illusion Blue
BigBlue is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm5932 View Post
That thing looks pretty cool. Definitely an option I am now considering. What about volume control?
I am planning on using the Rockford fosgate pcb300 amp with 5.25 speakers. What adapters are you using to go to 6.5"?
Volume control would be from your phone.. not the safest, but it'll do in a pinch

HMD sells adapters and the full punch kits

http://www.hmd520.com/category/Rockford-Fosgate-92

2013 Hardball in NYC
VictoryHID high & Low
WitchDoctor Laydown License Plate
WitchDoctor short kickstand
HMD Air Ride
Digital Guard Dawg Keyless Ingition
Vic HardBall OEM Fairing
sinned is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
Looks interesting! I also found a couple other 'bluetooth dongles' when looking after seeing this. They are similar but not identical. They have a few more connection options but they require a USB power source to charge their battery. This one being hard-wired would be a better choice. The RF PBR300X4 amp should be able to be connected directly via the RCA inputs. I guess the main question is how to switch inputs between the stock radio and this device. Plus the volume question asked above.

Sorry for thread-jacking... Maybe a mod could split off this audio part of the thread?

Rob
I would only have the amp, speakers, Bluetooth and my phone. No radio or other inputs (Hardball.. so no stereo)

2013 Hardball in NYC
VictoryHID high & Low
WitchDoctor Laydown License Plate
WitchDoctor short kickstand
HMD Air Ride
Digital Guard Dawg Keyless Ingition
Vic HardBall OEM Fairing
sinned is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 118
Default

hey Worm.. I just stumbled on this one.. check it out..




2013 Hardball in NYC
VictoryHID high & Low
WitchDoctor Laydown License Plate
WitchDoctor short kickstand
HMD Air Ride
Digital Guard Dawg Keyless Ingition
Vic HardBall OEM Fairing
sinned is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome