How to buy a Victory Cross Country Tour
I am a new person here, and presently ride a 2009 Royal Star Venture. While I am pretty happy with my 2 year old purchase, the one major thing that I don't like about the Venture is the high seat height (even after lowering), and the low speed instability. Also...while I feel the engine (4 cylinder) is top notch, the rest of the bike is cheaply made. But, I can still live with it.
Now comes along the Victory Cross Country Tour, and I gotta tell you that I am very impressed. I'm impressed with the seat height and especially all the options available on the bike.
My questions are:
1. Victory lists a MSRP of $21,999. Does Victory sell like Harley and the price listed IS THE PRICE YOU GIVE or are negotiations possible? What is the best deal anyone has gotten on VXCT?
2. Does Victory take trade-ins?
3. The bike comes with a radio correct? Has anyone had the upgraded stereo package installed?
4. Does Victory no longer offer the 5 year warranty on the VXCT? Is it limited to just a 2 year?
5. How hard is it to do the maintenance on this bike? Oil Changes, Filter Changes? Tire removal?
6. I know most of you probably LOVE THE BIKE (it is cool looking), but give me some NEGATIVES of the BIKE and/or the Company.
Thanks for any and all replies. I am very anxious to test ride one.