Questions on my new crossroads classic - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TxClassic13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 132
Default Questions on my new crossroads classic

I have had my 2013 crossroads classic for a couple of weeks now. I upgraded from an 05 Vegas 8ball. I've added led lights to it, bag bolts instead of the quick release, lay down bracket on order and an hid headlight installed.
Questions on bike:
Is there a cover or something that goes on the nut for the triple tree?

Is it normal for the bike to say low oil when the ignition is on but the bike isn't running?

If the tach is added on then does the digital rpm still display on the speedometer?

Last edited by TxClassic13; 03-30-2014 at 10:03 PM.
TxClassic13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 10:31 PM
Senior Member
 
RICZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 12,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrmax View Post
I have had my 2013 crossroads classic for a couple of weeks now. I upgraded from an 05 Vegas 8ball. I've added led lights to it, bag bolts instead of the quick release, lay down bracket on order and an hid headlight installed.
Questions on bike:
Is there a cover or something that goes on the nut for the triple tree?

Is it normal for the bike to say low oil when the ignition is on but the bike isn't running?

If the tach is added on then does the digital rpm still display on the speedometer?
No cover on the triple tree lock not--quite an oversight on such a designy bike, huh? I found a plastic bottle cap that will friction fit in that recess and painted it matte black. Looks a lot better.

Yes, the oil light is on what the engine isn't.

You didn't buy my (better and cheaper) laydown bracket. Stand in the corner for the rest of your life.

2010 Midnight Cherry XR. 7Jurock, Lloydz AF, ATS, AFR tuned VFCIII, IAV, and T-6 and locally repacked pipes = big smiles. SOLD to a dear friend, so it's still in the family."
2017 Spyder F3 Limited - keeps this old guy in the wind and riding with friends.
Cure that ugly stand up license plate with the cheapest and best laydown bracket. Click this:
https://www.victoryforums.com/11-ven...t-x-bikes.html
RICZ is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TxClassic13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
No cover on the triple tree lock not--quite an oversight on such a designy bike, huh? I found a plastic bottle cap that will friction fit in that recess and painted it matte black. Looks a lot better.

Yes, the oil light is on what the engine isn't.

You didn't buy my (better and cheaper) laydown bracket. Stand in the corner for the rest of your life.
Ok thanks for the info on the nut. Yeah definitely looks bad with the exposed nut. Also I'm glad the bike isn't low on oil even though I checked it but glad its normal for that and not bad on my bike. Was looking at your lay down but didn't want to wait on mailing a check.
Thank you for the info
Marko
TxClassic13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Senior Member
 
RICZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 12,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrmax View Post
Ok thanks for the info on the nut. Yeah definitely looks bad with the exposed nut. Also I'm glad the bike isn't low on oil even though I checked it but glad its normal for that and not bad on my bike. Was looking at your lay down but didn't want to wait on mailing a check.
Thank you for the info
Marko
Now I'm going to miss a payment on my Rolls Royce and it will be repossessed. I hope you're happy with that brand x bracket.

2010 Midnight Cherry XR. 7Jurock, Lloydz AF, ATS, AFR tuned VFCIII, IAV, and T-6 and locally repacked pipes = big smiles. SOLD to a dear friend, so it's still in the family."
2017 Spyder F3 Limited - keeps this old guy in the wind and riding with friends.
Cure that ugly stand up license plate with the cheapest and best laydown bracket. Click this:
https://www.victoryforums.com/11-ven...t-x-bikes.html
RICZ is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TxClassic13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
Now I'm going to miss a payment on my Rolls Royce and it will be repossessed. I hope you're happy with that brand x bracket.
It's ok. You can pick up a used maybach on the cheap
TxClassic13 is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 11:07 PM
Senior Member
 
RICZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 12,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrmax View Post
It's ok. You can pick up a used maybach on the cheap
Not a bad thought. When it requires service, I can pull into the service department and exclaim; Maybach is hurting!

2010 Midnight Cherry XR. 7Jurock, Lloydz AF, ATS, AFR tuned VFCIII, IAV, and T-6 and locally repacked pipes = big smiles. SOLD to a dear friend, so it's still in the family."
2017 Spyder F3 Limited - keeps this old guy in the wind and riding with friends.
Cure that ugly stand up license plate with the cheapest and best laydown bracket. Click this:
https://www.victoryforums.com/11-ven...t-x-bikes.html
RICZ is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 06:52 AM
irv
Senior Member
 
irv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: mt morris il
Posts: 1,071
Default

witchdoctors makes a cover for that nut. looks nice.
yes, the digital tach still works. you can check the other tach
to see if it is right. enjoy your new ride!

2011 cross roads, crimson red, speedo reflash,
forged bars,bag bars,tach,driver and pass backrest[vic]
vic luggage rack and lowers,iso grips,2" pullbacks
hard bags,xc adj pass footrests, color keyed side
chin fairings. 7 jurock custom made windshield.
ultimate seat, hid low beams, timing wheel back in,
and of course, a ric z laydown license bracket.[5
mph faster].
irv is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator
 
broggyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Naugatuck, CT
Posts: 6,260
Garage
Default

The Low Oil light is a pressure light, not a level light. If that light ever turns on while the engine is running, SHUT IT DOWN as soon as it is safe to do so. If the engine is not running, the oil pump is not pumping and I would expect it to come on.



2013 XCT, Boardwalk Blue w/ Vicwrapz
S&S Cams, Lloydz filter & ATS +5, PCV, UD pulley, Alto Red Eagle clutch plates
Madstad Windshield, 5000K HID, TriOvals, Memphis Shields wings, Ultimate seat
JVC KD-X35MDT, PBR300X4, Polk DB6502, DaytonAudio ND140-4 rear
HyperLites, LED driving lights, Lloydz dyno 105+H and 117+T
Arlen Ness blinkers, KlockWerks KlipHanger bars, Avon grips

Spectro Golden 4 20w40 for Victory L.SG424, Kury Sabertooth LEDs
THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE OBSCURE. TTWFO2
broggyr is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TxClassic13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broggyr View Post
The Low Oil light is a pressure light, not a level light. If that light ever turns on while the engine is running, SHUT IT DOWN as soon as it is safe to do so. If the engine is not running, the oil pump is not pumping and I would expect it to come on.
Thanks broggyr, that clears that up for me.
TxClassic13 is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 10:07 AM
Senior Member
 
RICZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 12,028
Default

Speaking of oil level, it is checked with the bike vertical, not on the stand. My procedure is to check it when the oil is hot (as one should), wipe off the dipstick, reinsert it and lift the bike off the sidestand to a vertical position and return it to the stand and check the dipstick.

2010 Midnight Cherry XR. 7Jurock, Lloydz AF, ATS, AFR tuned VFCIII, IAV, and T-6 and locally repacked pipes = big smiles. SOLD to a dear friend, so it's still in the family."
2017 Spyder F3 Limited - keeps this old guy in the wind and riding with friends.
Cure that ugly stand up license plate with the cheapest and best laydown bracket. Click this:
https://www.victoryforums.com/11-ven...t-x-bikes.html
RICZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome