Interesting Article HD Forums - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
KOTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ct.
Posts: 247
Default Interesting Article HD Forums

Found this on the HD Forums board.
Hope I'm not breaking any rules here. If I am, feel free to delete.
http://www.hdforums.com/articles/com...d-campaign.php

Fran
2012
Red XCT
KOTOR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 04:11 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
albradburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Upcountry SC
Posts: 180
Default

Couldn't have said it better. In my opinion Harley has been feeding off of brand recognition for far too long. Hopefully Victory has opened their eyes.

You're gonna be dead a long time, what are you waitin for?!
DOC
2010 Victory Cross Country
albradburn is offline  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 06:00 PM
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,947
Default

I think Victory buyers are a much different group. A lot of them that I met online couldn't stand Harley, and the ones I meet in person are buying them because of their technology and because they are American. To grab this audience, Harley will have to do more than make commercials. They'll have to come up with some new motorcycles and a new power plant to match it of some sort. There's no reason Harley couldn't build a state of the art air-cooled v-twin and slip it into a brand new frame. Put that 100 years to use and don't ask for the Germans help this time.

Maybe in 2014 when harley will not emissions in California they will do something.

2008 Vision
Mpls, MN.

Please add your state and model of bike you have. Click user CP @ top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 05:34 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
half_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 4,837
Default

They had Porche build the V-Rod and the Nova V-4 back in the '80s (which never made production) because Harley knows they can't do it.

2006 Victory Kingpin
Lloydz 116" Stroker/Big Bore, .495 Cams, Torque Tubes Airbox,
RPW Thor Pipe, Lloydz ECU Flash, PC-III, PTS (-2), Rivera
Primo Clutch Spring, 31 Tooth Pulley w/Buell Belt.
half_crazy is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Highrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 108
Default

I am a new owner of a 2011 Jackpot ( bought April 2011) I had been looking at the bike for 3 years and did buy it for it's unqiness and style.

But I disagree that Harley is going anywhere and that Victory will even come close to surpass them.

1. Victory's dealers are a joke, most all are foreign dealers adding the Victory line as they have Polaris products.

2 The LACK of accessories and the type of fit and finish will get boring fast and please don't tell me about those aftermarket guys whose products look terrible.

3.The lack of product on dealer floors, most dealers are holding 1-4 year bikes with the NEW sticker on them, AND NO current models on the floor except a few Visions and CR Get real guys

4. The Victory owners I have meet to date are indeed past foreign bike riders and DO hate Harleys. After meeting so many of these snobs, I now mostly ignore anybody who goes down this path. ( Case in point, yesterday I rode to Naplam Sports who had the Victory demo truck there, on my nicely finished Jackpot, people were not even friendly, even the store staff had a bad attitude, One guy was civil. I had expected to be amongst family, I was wrong.) HOG Members are not like this at all.

5.With Polaris now bringing Indian onto the market, if they don't fix this dealer, supply, accessories, ownership problerms they will have 1 deal customers.and all the while Harley will continue to have repeat customers.

I live in Vegas and am currently in Texas on a work assignment and see continuity amongst the Victory stores very unappealing. I also won stock in Polaris and will write the CEO of my concerns as I think they are real.
Polaris can and should do better, but will they? Some how I doubt it.

For the record, while I really like my Jackpot, I will not be buying another Victory as I prefer better options from my motorcycle brand supplier.
Highrider is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Rajder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 329
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
They had Porche build the V-Rod and the Nova V-4 back in the '80s (which never made production) because Harley knows they can't do it.
This ^^^

Harley has never built a performance engine. They don't know how to do it. That's why they had Porsche do it for them in the past. They know they can't do it so they went and got someone who knows how to do it (which was smart by the way). Every time they have ever released a new engine there is always major problems with it. I honestly believe they just don't have the engineering talent to do it. I think that HD is going to continue down this path as long as Willie G is there.

2011 Cross Country
-Cee Baileys Windshield & Lowers. Victory Lower Bag Rails, Driver And Passenger Backrests.
-RPW Exhaust, Lloydz Air Filter, VM1 Cams, ATS (Timing Wheel), 1/4 turn throttle & IAV. PCV with Custom Tune by Coweta Customs.

105.2 HP & 127 Ft-Lbs on a Dynostar (Eddy Current) Dyno.
Rajder is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Rajder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 329
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrider View Post
I am a new owner of a 2011 Jackpot ( bought April 2011) I had been looking at the bike for 3 years and did buy it for it's unqiness and style.

But I disagree that Harley is going anywhere and that Victory will even come close to surpass them.

1. Victory's dealers are a joke, most all are foreign dealers adding the Victory line as they have Polaris products.

............
I don't think you're going to get any argument from anyone here that Victory dealerships are great. We all know that Victory's dealerships are severely lacking. Luckily our bikes are so reliable that we almost never have to visit the service department. But yes, getting accessories and parts can be a major pain the tail compared to HD. It's not that Victory is necessarily bad at it, they are about par with every other manufacturer. It's just that HD does the parts, accessories, and apparel better than anyone else.

I'd have to disagree with you about the HOG events though. Everyone at HOG events are great, just as long as your riding Harley. If not then you can't participate. Some of the arrogant and stuck up people I've ever met were at HOG events.

I personally am not someone who really cares about dealerships and being part of a community. But I can understand that people who are used to the Harley lifestyle (every ride revolves around hanging out at some dealership) could be put off by the fact that no other manufacturer has that going for them. I personally don't really have that need to have a built in social group with my motorcycle. But if someone wants that then HD is probably the brand for you.

2011 Cross Country
-Cee Baileys Windshield & Lowers. Victory Lower Bag Rails, Driver And Passenger Backrests.
-RPW Exhaust, Lloydz Air Filter, VM1 Cams, ATS (Timing Wheel), 1/4 turn throttle & IAV. PCV with Custom Tune by Coweta Customs.

105.2 HP & 127 Ft-Lbs on a Dynostar (Eddy Current) Dyno.
Rajder is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Bad V V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrider View Post
I am a new owner of a 2011 Jackpot ( bought April 2011) I had been looking at the bike for 3 years and did buy it for it's unqiness and style.

But I disagree that Harley is going anywhere and that Victory will even come close to surpass them.

1. Victory's dealers are a joke, most all are foreign dealers adding the Victory line as they have Polaris products.

2 The LACK of accessories and the type of fit and finish will get boring fast and please don't tell me about those aftermarket guys whose products look terrible.

3.The lack of product on dealer floors, most dealers are holding 1-4 year bikes with the NEW sticker on them, AND NO current models on the floor except a few Visions and CR Get real guys

4. The Victory owners I have meet to date are indeed past foreign bike riders and DO hate Harleys. After meeting so many of these snobs, I now mostly ignore anybody who goes down this path. ( Case in point, yesterday I rode to Naplam Sports who had the Victory demo truck there, on my nicely finished Jackpot, people were not even friendly, even the store staff had a bad attitude, One guy was civil. I had expected to be amongst family, I was wrong.) HOG Members are not like this at all.

5.With Polaris now bringing Indian onto the market, if they don't fix this dealer, supply, accessories, ownership problerms they will have 1 deal customers.and all the while Harley will continue to have repeat customers.

I live in Vegas and am currently in Texas on a work assignment and see continuity amongst the Victory stores very unappealing. I also won stock in Polaris and will write the CEO of my concerns as I think they are real.
Polaris can and should do better, but will they? Some how I doubt it.

For the record, while I really like my Jackpot, I will not be buying another Victory as I prefer better options from my motorcycle brand supplier.


None of your points changes the fact that Harley needs to update their engines.

2003 Victory vegas
Bad V V is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Highrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad V V View Post
None of your points changes the fact that Harley needs to update their engines.
That is your opinion , I have 2008 FXSTC Stage 1 96 which is right there with my 106.

The 110 Screaming eagle in the right platform is an amazing engine.I will have me one soon.

You can keep your fantacies about Harley needing a Honda Gold Wing boat anchor engine but why should you care, you will never buy one.



Highrider is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Bad V V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrider View Post
That is your opinion , I have 2008 FXSTC Stage 1 96 which is right there with my 106.

The 110 Screaming eagle in the right platform is an amazing engine.I will have me one soon.

You can keep your fantacies about Harley needing a Honda Gold Wing boat anchor engine but why should you care, you will never buy one.



You got that right I will never buy one and I see we have a Harley fanboy here.
What is a 110 engine in a right platform? How much money does it take to bring it there? I used to have a 750 cc Honda shadow and I went everywhere with it and you should've seen the look on my hardley friends when I used to blow by all of their 103 screaming eagle bikes with my little honda. If there is a boat anchor engine in the motorcycle world it is the hardley engine.
You can argue until you are blue in the face how great the Harley engine is but you can't change the fact that in reality, in stock form that engine is the biggest joke you can strap on a bike. 103 stock harley puts about 63 hp and a 750 cc Honda engine ( about 45 cubic inch) puts 50hp. So go ahead tell yourself what makes you feel good but the facts are facts a stock Harley engine is a pure crap.

2003 Victory vegas

Last edited by Bad V V; 04-01-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Bad V V is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome