Report on Ride-On - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,947
Default Report on Ride-On

Put a new fron tire Metzler on my vision https://www.denniskirk.com/metzeler/...prd/541424.sku
I rode it for a day and found vibration over 70mph. So that told me the tire needs balancing. I was just testing to see what was to come.
Today I put Ride-on in the tire. http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycle-formula-mot.html

#1 hose is to short. Buy new hose or put sealer in before tire goes on bike.
#2 Sealent should be warm. My garage was 50degrees. Wish I would have brought sealent in hose.
#4 Put a good twenty miles on before I ran it up to 100mph smooth as glass.
$14.95 seams worth it so far.

Now if I can remember when I need new tire to drill some holes in tire just to seee how it seals.

2008 Vision
Mpls, MN.

Please add your state and model of bike you have. Click user CP @ top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,829
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post

Now if I can remember when I need new tire to drill some holes in tire just to seee how it seals.
Good idea. I'm going to have to remember to do that too. Just 'cause.
BBob is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Senior Member
 
warr110r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vegas Baby!!
Posts: 169
Garage
Default

Seems very cool but I wonder about the product settling as the bike sits for a couple of days. I guess you would just have to know that it will take time for the tire to balance again. Let us know how it performs.

2011 Blue Cross Country
Arlen Ness RAD III Mirrors
Bassani 4" Mufflers
Stablemate:
2002 Yamaha Warrior
110 C.I. Patrick Racing Kit
Waay too many other Mods
warr110r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: JOCO KS
Posts: 632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
Put a new fron tire Metzler on my vision https://www.denniskirk.com/metzeler/...prd/541424.sku
I rode it for a day and found vibration over 70mph. So that told me the tire needs balancing. I was just testing to see what was to come.
Today I put Ride-on in the tire. http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycle-formula-mot.html

#1 hose is to short. Buy new hose or put sealer in before tire goes on bike.
#2 Sealent should be warm. My garage was 50degrees. Wish I would have brought sealent in hose.
#4 Put a good twenty miles on before I ran it up to 100mph smooth as glass.
$14.95 seams worth it so far.

Now if I can remember when I need new tire to drill some holes in tire just to seee how it seals.
Great report! Good idea on the hose/house. I have three bottles of it that I just got recently, but have been leery of using it. What interests me, is whether it will "settle" towards the low side of the tire after being parked overnight.... and subsequently need to be cautious while riding the next day to allow it to re-distribute again. Also, did you pull the weights off of your wheels first? Did you use the prescribed 8oz plus 25% extra for balancing?

Thanks.

2011 Silver/black Vision, Ness Big Honkers, Ness Twin Sucker, PC-V w/AT, Lloydz VM1-DR cams, Lloydz Adj Intake, Lloydz Variable Timing Wheel.

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Senior Member
 
RICZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 12,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warr110r View Post
Seems very cool but I wonder about the product settling as the bike sits for a couple of days. I guess you would just have to know that it will take time for the tire to balance again. Let us know how it performs.
No it doesn't. Go to their web site and view the video. I have Ride-On in both tires and am very pleased with the balancing and peace of mind.

2010 Midnight Cherry XR. 7Jurock, Lloydz AF, ATS, AFR tuned VFCIII, IAV, and T-6 and locally repacked pipes = big smiles. SOLD to a dear friend, so it's still in the family."
2017 Spyder F3 Limited - keeps this old guy in the wind and riding with friends.
Cure that ugly stand up license plate with the cheapest and best laydown bracket. Click this:
https://www.victoryforums.com/11-ven...t-x-bikes.html
RICZ is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Senior Member
 
warr110r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vegas Baby!!
Posts: 169
Garage
Default

Yea I watched the video and saw the guy run his finger through it after it being inside the tire for a year. That was why I thought it would run. If you guys say it doesn't I will take your word. The reviews that I read were very good. I will be looking forward to getting some and using it in all of my bikes.

2011 Blue Cross Country
Arlen Ness RAD III Mirrors
Bassani 4" Mufflers
Stablemate:
2002 Yamaha Warrior
110 C.I. Patrick Racing Kit
Waay too many other Mods
warr110r is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ashland, Oh
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warr110r View Post
Yea I watched the video and saw the guy run his finger through it after it being inside the tire for a year. That was why I thought it would run. If you guys say it doesn't I will take your word. The reviews that I read were very good. I will be looking forward to getting some and using it in all of my bikes.
you will feel a little wobble for the first couple miles then it smooths back out and is great!

Now owns 2012 Cross Country Tour! 3-9-12
http://patsrides.blogspot.com/
pat0021 is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,947
Default

I had some left on my fingers and its very sticky.
I'm sure with the wheel going around and around it gets forced to the tire and with heat build up on the inside of the tire it will form a bond to the tire.
I'm happy so far

2008 Vision
Mpls, MN.

Please add your state and model of bike you have. Click user CP @ top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Senior Member
 
RICZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 12,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat0021 View Post
you will feel a little wobble for the first couple miles then it smooths back out and is great!
I was told about the initial wobble, but never experienced it.

2010 Midnight Cherry XR. 7Jurock, Lloydz AF, ATS, AFR tuned VFCIII, IAV, and T-6 and locally repacked pipes = big smiles. SOLD to a dear friend, so it's still in the family."
2017 Spyder F3 Limited - keeps this old guy in the wind and riding with friends.
Cure that ugly stand up license plate with the cheapest and best laydown bracket. Click this:
https://www.victoryforums.com/11-ven...t-x-bikes.html
RICZ is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
albradburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Upcountry SC
Posts: 180
Default

After reading recommendations by others on this forum I put this goop in my new Metzlers about 5K miles ago. Install was easy with tires mounted. Balance is consistently excellent and I haven't had to add air to the tires even once! Luckily, I haven't picked up any hardware from the road so I can't attest to how well it works with punctures. Good investment IMHO.

You're gonna be dead a long time, what are you waitin for?!
DOC
2010 Victory Cross Country
albradburn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome