ignorant ass memphis drivers !! - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 135
Angry ignorant ass memphis drivers !!

here i am riding home from work today. on a 4 lane county road about 2 miles from the city limits. i am in the outside lane going the posted 55 mph speed limit. i have a car beside me on the inside lane..actually about 10-12 feet behind me going the same speed.

a woman behind her apparently cant wait for the car beside me to pass so she veers across my lane and passes me on the shoulder of the road...kicking sand and gravel all over me.

after passing me she veers all the way back over to the inside lane again and just so happens to get caught at the light a half a mile ahead. i pull up beside her ...start yellin and cussin and salutin her with my middle finger.

she never looks my way. we both are stuck behind vehicles for another half mile to the next light. i start my tirade on her again. she never looks my way. we go another half mile and come upon a wreck where i get over in front of her ...give her another salute and cuss some more. the cop standing there gives me a wtf ? look . i holler at him saying that ignorant ass woman behind me damn near caused me to wreck kicking gravel all over me by passing on the shoulder. he gives her a wtf? look and goes back to writing his report.

shit like this is why i don't carry a gun.

04 vegas . kurakyn grips. mbw signals front and rear. mbw side liscense plate. stage 1 exhaust. victory mini windshield

memphis tn.
lorider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 05:51 PM
Senior Member
 
TurretDr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Charlotte, N.C.
Posts: 149
Default

Shit like that is exactly why I DO carry a gun. By all legalities, I have every right to defend myself if I feel that my life is in danger. That sounds like a life threatening situation. Had I missed at 55, there would at least be a few holes in the trunk. The bitch would have known I was there.

Glad you're OK.

The epitome of narcissism. I surely hope she got where she was going in time by saving that extra 4 seconds.

*NO REGRETS* Every decision I make is based on current knowledge. *NO REGRETS*

ATLAS SHRUGGED

2009 Jackpot
Stage 1

Charlotte, N.C.
TurretDr is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 06:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Manchester New Hampshire
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurretDr View Post
Shit like that is exactly why I DO carry a gun. By all legalities, I have every right to defend myself if I feel that my life is in danger. That sounds like a life threatening situation. Had I missed at 55, there would at least be a few holes in the trunk. The bitch would have known I was there.

Glad you're OK.

The epitome of narcissism. I surely hope she got where she was going in time by saving that extra 4 seconds.
Not saying she wouldn't have deserved it but I think if you shoot at her from behind like that you'd be in the wrong legally. You wouldn't have been in danger at that point. If she was still next to you I think it would have been a different story.
I have heard of some people carrying a pocket full of ball bearing for just such an occasion. Pull in front of the asshole driver and let them "fall out" of your pocket. Gets the point across and "I'm sorry officer, they must have already been in the road and got kicked up by my bike" is a good excuse if you happen to get pulled over.

2009 Vegas 8 Ball
2005 Ducati 749
1999 Ducati 748
Blake is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Travis P's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,498
Default

I have also heard of guys using the ball bearings... Only problem with that is your throw those at a vehicle not knowing who you may be fucking with... Then you end up getting shot in the back.
Travis P is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Senior Member
 
TurretDr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Charlotte, N.C.
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Not saying she wouldn't have deserved it but I think if you shoot at her from behind like that you'd be in the wrong legally. You wouldn't have been in danger at that point. If she was still next to you I think it would have been a different story.
I have heard of some people carrying a pocket full of ball bearing for just such an occasion. Pull in front of the asshole driver and let them "fall out" of your pocket. Gets the point across and "I'm sorry officer, they must have already been in the road and got kicked up by my bike" is a good excuse if you happen to get pulled over.

I probably would not have shot, but I would have made absolutely certain that she was aware of what she had done. Tapping on drivers side window and.................

*NO REGRETS* Every decision I make is based on current knowledge. *NO REGRETS*

ATLAS SHRUGGED

2009 Jackpot
Stage 1

Charlotte, N.C.
TurretDr is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
depot picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere. Wherever.
Posts: 2,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorider View Post
here i am riding home from work today. on a 4 lane county road about 2 miles from the city limits. i am in the outside lane going the posted 55 mph speed limit. i have a car beside me on the inside lane..actually about 10-12 feet behind me going the same speed.
Why would you allow a car to put you in the position of blocking the traffic? Sounds to me like you could easily have got the fuck out of the way.
depot picker is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
Why would you allow a car to put you in the position of blocking the traffic? Sounds to me like you could easily have got the fuck out of the way.
as i stated i was traveling along in the out side lane. a car had come up beside me and for what ever reason had slowed down to the speed limit.

who knows why the car beside me had slowed down to the speed limit. ?

pick a reason
1. coming up to a redlight
2. speed limit drops down to 45 on the other side of the light
3. coulda had a helluva radar detector to detect cops a mile ahead that was working a wreck
4. coulda just slowed down to piss that woman off coming up behind them kinda fast

i think i am a pretty cautious rider and try to be pro active to avoid getting in precarious situations but who the hell woulda thought this woman would come up on that car beside me..shoot across my lane to the shoulder ...zip by me then shoot back across to the inside lane only to have to slow down due to a vehicle in each lane ahead that were slowing down to stop at a red light .

04 vegas . kurakyn grips. mbw signals front and rear. mbw side liscense plate. stage 1 exhaust. victory mini windshield

memphis tn.
lorider is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
depot picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere. Wherever.
Posts: 2,313
Default

You were not cautious at all. You let a car put you in the position of blocking faster traffic. Then you wouldn't get out of the way.
You can blame everyone else, but the guy on the bike will be the road pizza. You, as the potential dead guy are responsible for finding a solution to shit like that. It is obvious that both of the car drivers were stupid. Did you think they were going to fix it? All you needed to do was get out of the way and let the faster traffic go.
depot picker is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Senior Member
 
RICZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 12,125
Default

I am so glad I have my young, immature, angry years way behind me. Were I in a scenario like the OP's, I would just be grateful she didn't clobber me and silently wish her an early engine failure and go on my way a little wiser.

2010 Midnight Cherry XR. 7Jurock, Lloydz AF, ATS, AFR tuned VFCIII, IAV, and T-6 and locally repacked pipes = big smiles. SOLD to a dear friend, so it's still in the family."
2017 Spyder F3 Limited - keeps this old guy in the wind and riding with friends.
Cure that ugly stand up license plate with the cheapest and best laydown bracket. Click this:
https://www.victoryforums.com/11-ven...t-x-bikes.html
RICZ is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 04:30 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
I would just be grateful she didn't clobber me and silently wish her an early engine failure and go on my way a little wiser.
More restraint then I got buddy

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ
LILMAGS500 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome