05 foot controls. Question about length - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
bbqjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: NW Arizona High Desert
Posts: 70
Default 05 foot controls. Question about length

RE: '05 Kingpin.

I've searched around a bit here and other places, and seem to have the opposite problem most people have concerning length.
Mainly the rear brake pedal is a mile away.
When I go to press the brake, my leg is just about fully extended.
Everyone wants forward pedals, and I need the opposite.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!


Joe
jkcerda likes this.
bbqjoe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 02:05 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,914
Garage
BBob is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 02:16 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,914
Garage
Default

I kinda like what Vixen did by drilling and tapping a new hole further back on the brake arm then cut and sanded the excess off. Probably have to lean on it a little harder to get the same response but not enough to make much difference.

If possible; I'd get a spare brake arm if you can find one used and do it on that one then save the original.
BBob is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
bbqjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: NW Arizona High Desert
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
I kinda like what Vixen did by drilling and tapping a new hole further back on the brake arm then cut and sanded the excess off. Probably have to lean on it a little harder to get the same response but not enough to make much difference.

If possible; I'd get a spare brake arm if you can find one used and do it on that one then save the original.
That thought crossed my mind.
I was hoping to find something stock, before doing a mod like that.
bbqjoe is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 02:27 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,914
Garage
Default

Well, if it comes down to it, I have all the tools to do it if you decide to go that route. You could come up and we could knock it out within an hour easily.
BBob is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
bbqjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: NW Arizona High Desert
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
Well, if it comes down to it, I have all the tools to do it if you decide to go that route. You could come up and we could knock it out within an hour easily.
Wow that's pretty cool of you.
I might take you up on that!

I can see how it could be cut and possibly reformed.
I'm not so certain how we might go about reattaching the peg.
bbqjoe is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 03:16 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,914
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqjoe View Post
Wow that's pretty cool of you.
I might take you up on that!

I can see how it could be cut and possibly reformed.
I'm not so certain how we might go about reattaching the peg.
Fairly straight forward machining function. Set it up on the drill press, drill the pilot hole making sure it is perpendicular to the arm so the peg doesn't end up at some weird angle. Drill to size needed to then tap the threads in. The material is an aluminum alloy I think so not too hard. Use a hack saw or cut-off grinder to cut the end off then use a belt or disc sander to round the end. Change the belt to a finer sandpaper to make smooth. Maybe take some really fine sandpaper to make it super smooth and shiny. Polish if desired or paint it if it's black. Done.

You would need to let me know what thread size the peg you want to use is so I can check to see if I have it. If not; find or order one before coming up to do it.

In the good old days we had to do a lot of this kind of thing but then the aftermarket kicked in with most of it all ready to install with some minor alterations sometimes. Usually just a little filing or slight bending of some things. Occasionally enlarging a hole due to it being oversized on the bike we worked on due to having to re-tap and thread to a larger bolt size. Simple stuff like that.
Kurbs and jkcerda like this.
BBob is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Member
 
jkcerda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqjoe View Post
RE: '05 Kingpin.

I've searched around a bit here and other places, and seem to have the opposite problem most people have concerning length.
Mainly the rear brake pedal is a mile away.
When I go to press the brake, my leg is just about fully extended.
Everyone wants forward pedals, and I need the opposite.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!


Joe
There seem to be a couple of options. Use 2" extenders but flip them towards you. You would then need to figure out the correct shifter rod for it

Next option is getting the OEM controls from a judge. I found the shifter side already. And there is a full set on e-bay right now

EDIT, flipping them back is NOT an option as they would need to be relieved for the nut right next to it and the kick stand.

Last edited by jkcerda; 08-28-2017 at 09:33 AM.
jkcerda is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 05:52 PM
Member
 
jkcerda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 61
Default

got my judge controls, I will be installing them this weekend.
jkcerda is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Member
 
jkcerda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 61
Default

HUGE difference by using judge controls, I will post pics this weekend.
jkcerda is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome