Did you know your Victory is made in Canada? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TNXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 2,290
Default Did you know your Victory is made in Canada?

Went helmet shopping today (broke my modular) and had no luck at the 2 closest metric dealerships so figured I would stop my the HD dealership. They actually had one I liked for a decent price but not my size. Looked at a few of the used bikes when a salesman came up and asked me what I ride and I told him, cool guy. Then another came up and said "let me put you on an American bike". I said I am pretty sure I am on one now but with his great knowledge let me know that my bike is Canadian and just assembled here. Didn't feel like arguing with some one of such low intelligence so I told him I have nothing against Canada and it appears they make great motorcycles.

2011 Cross Roads Sunset Red
OEM short windshield, passenger backrest, crash bars, saddle bag bars, heated grips, vinyl closeouts, tachometer, ambient temp, LED headlight, luggage rack. WD lay down licence plate.
TNXR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 126
Default

That was a quick and witty response. Good for you for not getting drug into an argument with an idiot

2012 XC..Tri ovals..forged bars....vic baggers bag fillers..XC mitered chubby bars..chrome switch housings..LLoyds timing wheel, lowered 2", WD floorboards...the list keeps growing..
olemissalum is offline  
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNXR View Post
Went helmet shopping today (broke my modular) and had no luck at the 2 closest metric dealerships so figured I would stop my the HD dealership. They actually had one I liked for a decent price but not my size. Looked at a few of the used bikes when a salesman came up and asked me what I ride and I told him, cool guy. Then another came up and said "let me put you on an American bike". I said I am pretty sure I am on one now but with his great knowledge let me know that my bike is Canadian and just assembled here. Didn't feel like arguing with some one of such low intelligence so I told him I have nothing against Canada and it appears they make great motorcycles.
Excellent reply, don't feed into the hate. From my experience, HD salesman do not really care for Victory, or their owners for that matter. We are just costing them money, in their eyes.

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ
LILMAGS500 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Senior Member
 
SilvrT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Surrey, BC Canada
Posts: 1,365
Garage
Default

I believe he doesn't know much about Polaris as all I can find is that it began in Minnesota.

2013 RED XCT

Live to Love - Love to Ride
Life's a Venture on my Victory

----------------------------
Lloydz Air Filter
Lloydz Timing Wheel
Power Commander V
Autotune
CATs removed
Stage 1 flash
HD Trunk Rack
FIAAM Air Horn
PIAA 1100x Lamps
D&D Slip-on Mufflers
HID High & Low
KuryAkyn Sabertooth saddlebag tail lights
Victory Apes
Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55-16
------------------------------------

SilvrT is offline  
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fairfield Cnty, CT
Posts: 634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILMAGS500 View Post
Excellent reply, don't feed into the hate. From my experience, HD salesman do not really care for Victory, or their owners for that matter. We are just costing them money, in their eyes.
Then, maybe, they should have paid more attention to their product and their service and their customers. Now, it is what it is. They don't like it and it's their loss.

2010 XC Midnight Cherry
cams/D&D
2009 Ness Vision
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is offline  
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvrT View Post
I believe he doesn't know much about Polaris as all I can find is that it began in Minnesota.
The salesman probably thinks they are made by Bombardier. Like Polaris, they made Skidoos and snowmobiles. The closest thing they make to a Victory is the Can Am trikes.

But speaking of Harley, I think it is only fair we give them their due. Their touring bikes have improved immensely since they fixed its frame. I'm not sure Vic has anything on them in a contest of handling:

Vic:

Vic_Gap_5.jpg

Harley:






https://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline  
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Senior Member
 
SilvrT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Surrey, BC Canada
Posts: 1,365
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
The salesman probably thinks they are made by Bombardier. Like Polaris, they made Skidoos and snowmobiles. The closest thing they make to a Victory is the Can Am trikes.

But speaking of Harley, I think it is only fair we give them their due. Their touring bikes have improved immensely since they fixed its frame. I'm not sure Vic has anything on them in a contest of handling:
Yes, Bombardier is Canadian. I can remember those contraptions from when I lived on the prairies ... I was 8 then and we called them Bombadeers (coz we couldn't speak French LOL)

OldBombadeer.jpg

I see sparks from the HD but not the Vic ....

2013 RED XCT

Live to Love - Love to Ride
Life's a Venture on my Victory

----------------------------
Lloydz Air Filter
Lloydz Timing Wheel
Power Commander V
Autotune
CATs removed
Stage 1 flash
HD Trunk Rack
FIAAM Air Horn
PIAA 1100x Lamps
D&D Slip-on Mufflers
HID High & Low
KuryAkyn Sabertooth saddlebag tail lights
Victory Apes
Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55-16
------------------------------------

SilvrT is offline  
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,947
Default

really to bad you didn't tell 80% of harley is made in China and then they put it to gather here or over there

2008 Vision
Mpls, MN.

Please add your state and model of bike you have. Click user CP @ top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvrT View Post
Yes, Bombardier is Canadian. I can remember those contraptions from when I lived on the prairies ... I was 8 then and we called them Bombadeers (coz we couldn't speak French LOL)

Attachment 28458

I see sparks from the HD but not the Vic ....

Good eye! Looks like my Basani pipes on my Hammer... only the Harley is much more leaned over then mine has to be...

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ
LILMAGS500 is offline  
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Senior Member
 
gamewarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Centreville, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 367
Garage
Default

For my southern brothers who spend too much time riding and not enough time watching the news the day after the Egyptian military coup us Canadians invaded and took over the great state of Minnesota, since it is right next door anyway. TNXR in case you are wondering we may even work our way towards Tennesee.

It is obvious that HD salesman spend more time watching the news and less time riding.

2011 custom Tequila Gold with Candy Orange accents, hard lowers and trunk, Ipod in lowers, HID and saddle bag bars, stage 1, heel shifter, front and back chrome fender guards,Garmin GPS, fairing wind deflectors, heated Gerbing hook up, Dain skull brake pedal, rear brake master and reservoir cover, custom cheese wedge cover, clutch cover, Witchdoctor cam covers, Wolo Bad Boy horn, heated grips and seat, Gorilla alarm, Vision rear engine brackett covers, Kruzer Caddy, WD exhaust tips.
gamewarden is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome