Speakers an Amps cheap - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,949
Default Speakers an Amps cheap

I found this place and the price seams right. I know nothing about them.
http://www.cycleacoustics.com/
visionjohnny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Default

That is pretty cheap. It looks like they are going out of business.

Kind of strange that shipping ($14) is about half the cost of an amplifier and speaker package ($35).
Outlander is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
That is pretty cheap. It looks like they are going out of business.

Kind of strange that shipping ($14) is about half the cost of an amplifier and speaker package ($35).
To be honest I don't think they know what there doing
visionjohnny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
To be honest I don't think they know what there doing
Then I don't think I'll invest the 35 bucks on this ground floor opportunity to burn up a perfectly good motorcycle.
Outlander is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Senior Member
 
dirtdobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sand Mountain
Posts: 528
Garage
Default

If it sounds to good to be true it probably is

2011 Cross Country
If everything fails read the instructions
dirtdobber is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 82
Garage
Default

these amps aren't the best out there but they will do the job, I order a very similar one from ebay http://shop.ebay.com/sis.html?_nkw=6...p3+Amp+Amps+nr
At first i was not too sure but then with less than $50, why not try....I am pretty happy with them now

my .02 cents
lova is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,914
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lova View Post
these amps aren't the best out there but they will do the job, I order a very similar one from ebay http://shop.ebay.com/sis.html?_nkw=650W+Motorcycle+Speakers+Car+Amplifi er+Mp3+Amp+Amps+nr
At first i was not too sure but then with less than $50, why not try....I am pretty happy with them now

my .02 cents
I'm looking at this one but I don't know if it will do much good with 2 ohm speakers. Anyone got an idea?
BBob is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
I'm looking at this one but I don't know if it will do much good with 2 ohm speakers. Anyone got an idea?
Say if the amp only has a small wattage fuss like a ten or smaller then its no real amp. You want something with a 25 or greater. Stop by best buy or radio shack and talked to them before buting.
visionjohnny is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Senior Member
 
dirtdobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sand Mountain
Posts: 528
Garage
Default

Not necessarily true.

I use this on my Ultra

BT 480 - 180W RMS / Channel
$499.95
15 amp fuse.
* Hi-Tech High-Efficiency Switching Amplifier
* 180 Watts RMS per-channel
* Powered by patented "UcD" technology
* Protects charging system w/StartorGuard technology
* Works on most touring bikes
* Designed and manufactured in USA
* Lifetime Warranty


It comes with a high out put connection to connect to the speakers for 2 ohm and coverts it to 4 ohms.

2011 Cross Country
If everything fails read the instructions

Last edited by dirtdobber; 02-11-2011 at 07:59 PM.
dirtdobber is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Senior Member
 
wesdalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
Not necessarily true.

I use this on my Ultra

BT 480 - 180W RMS / Channel
$499.95
15 amp fuse.
* Hi-Tech High-Efficiency Switching Amplifier
* 180 Watts RMS per-channel
* Powered by patented "UcD" technology
* Protects charging system w/StartorGuard technology
* Works on most touring bikes
* Designed and manufactured in USA
* Lifetime Warranty


It comes with a high out put connection to connect to the speakers for 2 ohm and coverts it to 4 ohms.
I may be a great system. But 180 Watts RMS is total Bull Zhit. If they advertise that (and you believe it), I gots a nice ocean front lot in Arizona I will sell you for $500.00. Pay Pal only Oh and by the way my stock cross country has 150/150 hp and torque
wesdalton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome