I'm sitting here growling this morning, and that pic just made it worse.
Lacy and I were planning for the last 2 weeks a 3-day ride out to the Oregon Coast, and until just the other night it looked like the weather would hold. I knew chances of that were spotty once we got into the coastal mountains, but between here and at least Bend, OR I figured we'd be all right.
Well, near as I can put it together, some damn low-pressure system has decided it's going to roll on up the west face of the Rockies and ruin my damn week.
On Thursday there's up to a 40% chance of rain along our intended route. Wednesday and Friday are offering between 10% and 30% dependent on location between here and there. As anyone on 2 wheels knows, 30% chance doesn't mean you have one-in-three odds of getting wet. It means you're GOING to get wet, and it will be for 30% of your trip.
I have rain gear and I've spent pretty long rides in pretty heavy rain...up to 100-mile stretches. I don't let it stop me once I'm already going, but I can't talk myself into intentionally riding into it. If I can't rationalize some chance it'll miss us--at least mostly--I fear our trip will be canceled.
Already tried plotting alternate routes, but forecasts are not looking any more promising north, east, or south. Disappointing indeed.
Sorry to be a downer.
You can call me Billy. Or Luci. But don't call me Shirley.
2011 Cross Roads, crimson red
Lloyd'z ATS, IAV, VFC-III. Vic "High Performance" air filter. Ness Big Honkers. Funsies.
2015 Vegas 8-Ball