Victory Rental For Daytona BikeWeek 2012 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
accu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Default Victory Rental For Daytona BikeWeek 2012

Hi Everyone,

I am the proud owner of a beautiful '03 Anniversary HD Ultra and love the bike, hate the workmanship and the "Holier than thou" attitude of the HD dealers when you have a legitimate complaint.

Soooooo....., I'm looking to buy a new 2012 XC or XCT after Daytona 2012 and was thinking 'bout renting one for Bikeweek 3/10 - 3/17 2012.

Anyone here know of any dealers that might be renting in Daytona?
Or maybe a purchase with delivery in Daytona and then I'll ship it back with my local bike shipping company. Any help advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,
accu1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by accu1 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am the proud owner of a beautiful '03 Anniversary HD Ultra and love the bike, hate the workmanship and the "Holier than thou" attitude of the HD dealers when you have a legitimate complaint.

Soooooo....., I'm looking to buy a new 2012 XC or XCT after Daytona 2012 and was thinking 'bout renting one for Bikeweek 3/10 - 3/17 2012.

Anyone here know of any dealers that might be renting in Daytona?
Or maybe a purchase with delivery in Daytona and then I'll ship it back with my local bike shipping company. Any help advise will be appreciated.

Thanks,
http://www.eaglerider.com/destinatio...icle-list.aspx


PICK-UP CITY:
Kissimmee, FL
PICK-UP DATE AND TIME:
3/10/2012 @ 9:00 AM
RETURN CITY:
Kissimmee, FL
DROP-OFF DATE AND TIME:
3/17/2012 @ 9:00 AM

They have a Cross Country, Vic Vision, and Vic Cross Roads available.

Kissimmee, FL is about 80 miles southwest of Daytona Beach.




https://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
accu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
http://www.eaglerider.com/destinatio...icle-list.aspx


PICK-UP CITY:
Kissimmee, FL
PICK-UP DATE AND TIME:
3/10/2012 @ 9:00 AM
RETURN CITY:
Kissimmee, FL
DROP-OFF DATE AND TIME:
3/17/2012 @ 9:00 AM

They have a Cross Country, Vic Vision, and Vic Cross Roads available.

Kissimmee, FL is about 80 miles southwest of Daytona Beach.


Thanks!

I'll give them a call
accu1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Senior Member
 
MTVic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 790
Default

accu1:

Why don't you do the demo test ride first in your area or close by to see if you like it first, then BUY one if you like it here so you can put the rental costs toward the bike?

Driving one at Daytona isn't the same. The crowds, traffic, stop and go, you'll never get the true idea and feel of the bike.

Mike
FORMERLY 2012 Black XC Tour
2016 Honda NM4
2014 Honda CTX 700 dct
MTVic is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
accu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVic View Post
accu1:

Why don't you do the demo test ride first in your area or close by to see if you like it first, then BUY one if you like it here so you can put the rental costs toward the bike?

Driving one at Daytona isn't the same. The crowds, traffic, stop and go, you'll never get the true idea and feel of the bike.
I did test ride one during the '09 Daytona bike week. I was very impressed then but not in the market for a new scoot at the time.
I was thinking about that and will probably contact a few dealers in the next month or so and find out if there may be some program for a Fly & buy deal. I've outgrown the need to be on a an HD. My need now is for, comfort, performance, dependability, technology, durability, and the allure of having something other than a cookie cutter machine that everybody else has.
accu1 is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Senior Member
 
MTVic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by accu1 View Post
My need now is for, comfort, performance, dependability, technology, durability, and the allure of having something other than a cookie cutter machine that everybody else has.
Then you picked the right bike, and the 2012 is even sweeter with the reworked tranny and ABS.

Mike
FORMERLY 2012 Black XC Tour
2016 Honda NM4
2014 Honda CTX 700 dct
MTVic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome