We finally got to ride the Vision. Loved the leg room completely, but thats where it stopped for us/me. Im not sure what I was expecting, but did not find it.
Im guessing Victory uses a slightly heavier oil in the Vision Forks to compinsate for the extra weight, but the front end was rather bouncy and stiff. Nice bike, dont get me wrong, and im so glad i was able to ride one before making any decision, but I was disapointed in the ride of this particular Flagship Victory offers. Maybe it was the bike, maybe not, but the wife and I both agree it wont be in our garage.
That being said, what we have desided on was the Xct. For us, it rode like a dream, had better air managment, and overall I think we will be happier with it in the long run.
Now we play the waiting game.
In the mean time we have to pick either red or white.....although we both seem to be leaning towards the white. Better canvas for future art work.
tic toc tic toc......dang I hate this
tic toc tic toc? Looking for the best deal now, or waiting for a better time to buy?
I'm in the same situation. I want either a red or white. I was leaning red, but now I think I am leaning white. With the list of mods that I want to get on the XCT, I want to wait for the demo to come back into town.
I'm not sure what to do though. Here around Albany NY, there is only Mennetos. I think next dealership is at least an hour away. Seems like a nice group of people. I was able to do a short test ride on the XC in the fall. Then a couple weekends ago they had a black XCT on the floor finally. Told me they have sold 2 XCTs already. The black was listed at $500 off sticker.
Problem is do I wait until Fall? Last Fall they had the 5 year warranty and up to $3000 rebate on their one year old models. I wish I knew if I for certain could get that deal on a 2012 XCT this fall. That and if I can get the demo deal $1000 free accessories then the decision is made.
I don't really want to play my hand to the dealer and tell him what I want because I just don't see that happening right now. I understand that I'm essentially trading the season for $4000 or so plus the longer warranty. I think it is worth it.
It seems they only have the 3 year warranty right now, and $500 off on the in stock black isn't going to cut it for me. I doubt he'd even offer anything off on the white/red if he had to order it.
What do you guys all think? (sorry to kind of thread hi-jack, I just think we are in the same boat here).
I don't really have any long motorcycle trips planned for this year. Last year I rode to Ohio on a 5 day round trip taking backroads. I know that it just isn't comfortable after 3 hours on my current bike.
I think the deal started last September if I remember correctly. Perhaps I can plan on that and plan a trip around that?
Other tidbits - The demo days schedule is only listed out until June this year. Mennetos is listed in May and again for Americade for June. They had a demo day when I was stopping by there last fall. Will they have another around that time of year????
Too many unknowns.
A few questions to people that have been following Victory for longer than I have (since last Fall).
1. Have they been doing these demo days deals for a long time? Will they extend out past June? Is it common for a dealership to have the demo truck come to their shop twice a year(seasons apart?)
2. Has Victory been offering the same kind of Fall deal multiple years in a row now? The same 5 year warranty and up to $3k off of last years model? Seems like the best time to buy by such a huge margin, it is, right?
3. Is it worth giving up the season to get the better deal? I think it is since I do have a motorcycle just not a touring one, however maybe XC/XCT riders can chime in here.