What GPS are you using and what are your likes/dislikes?
Garmin Zumo 550
1. It is integrated with XM Radio
2. They replace them when they break for ~$150. New they are around $600.
3. They were made for a motorcycle so are somewhat vibration and water resistant, though mine has succumbed to heavy rain in the past. Like our cruise control, everything works fine again once dry.
4. Works pretty well with gloved fingers.
1. It only has two modes: "Fastest" or "Shortest." "Fastest" is always boring interstates, so I tend to leave it on "Shortest." Unfortunately, "Shortest" has led me down some pretty unkempt goat paths in rural areas. Glad that happened before I got the Vic as I'm afraid it wouldn't have made it through. Now when I'm in BFE West Virginia et al, I go ahead and use the "Fastest" setting.
A friend just picked up a new Harley Ultra. That thing has so many settings. It's got the two I got, plus "Scenic" and "Twisty." Someone thought that one out. It'll even tell you the closest dealerships.
2. The mapping software is shit. Though I have yet to find a good piece of software for routing your own trips for anything. Like bikes that just work, I guess enjoying the journey of a trip is just passe'. Great for getting from Point A to B though.
3. Sometimes the digital lady forgets to tell you the road on which to turn. Happened just today. If you know a turn is coming up, it's best to slow down and pay careful attention to the distance before the turn on the display.
4. Businesses come and go, but often aren't updated in the software. Or, it could be that I just don't pay the regular fees to keep mine updated.