Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Gotta Love RPW
1. Pipe is light as a feather. Picked up the box and couldn't believe there was a complete exhaust system in there.
2. Pipe is sh!t simple to install. A 12 year old girl could probably get it done without the directions. It was harder to get the Bassani off.
3. The split flanges they use at the header connections are PURE GENIUS. All pipes should have these.
4. The package was complete and nicely executed. The pipe fits tight to the bike and the finish is good. Looks good. Sounds good. Makes the best overall area under the curves of any pipe on the market right now.
5. Pipe was cheap. $532 shipped to my door.
1. The connection between the collector and the muffler was a little out of round. Used a U-shaped muffler clamp for a car to 'persuade' it. Tighten, loosen, rotate, repeat. took off the U-clamp, applied some high temperature sealant tightened the band clamp on there... voila!
I read horror stories about installing this pipe, you probably have too. All I can say is this exhaust is as easy to install as RPW Slash (AKA SlashNess) pipes are. Piece of cake.
2006 Victory Kingpin
Lloydz 116" Stroker/Big Bore, .495 Cams, Torque Tubes Airbox,
RPW Thor Pipe, Lloydz ECU Flash, PC-III, PTS (-2), Rivera
Primo Clutch Spring, 31 Tooth Pulley w/Buell Belt.
Last edited by half_crazy; 03-02-2012 at 07:15 PM.