I recently bought a vertical mount license plate (for my vegas 8 ball) and saw that I had to remove the rear axel nut in order to accomplish this task. Is there something in specific that I need to do or can i just back that nut all the way and install it? I am new to owning a motorcycle and was wondering if I could do this task at home rather than paying a shop to do it? I would really appreciate any tips!
Do not forget to torque . To tight is bad for bearings and to lose, well you know.
.Move the wheel to the tight spot location
2. Loosen the rear axle nut on the left side.
3. Turn each axle adjuster nut clockwise an
equal amount to tighten the belt (reduce
deflection) or an equal amount counterclockwise
to loosen the belt (increase deflection).
Tool: 13 mm deep socket
4. Tighten the rear axle nut.
Torque: 65 ft-lbs (88 Nm)
5. Pump the rear brake pedal to re-set the pads
against the brake disc.
6. Verify proper belt tension and wheel alignment