Steering stem - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Atbyrne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: corydon, in
Posts: 812
Garage
Default Steering stem

Hello all, everyone I think knows I am converting my 99 V92C to a TC. Here is my next question, is the steering head and stem the same size on both the C's and the TC's? I have been able to get a TC triple tree cheap, plan to put it on to help with windshield and fairing issues down the road. Also does anyone know if you can get new bearings from NAPA or a place like that? IF so does anyone know the part number?

Thanks for any help on my project.
Travis

2011 Cross Country
PCV with Vic filter
Witchdoctors Muscle Mufflers
Painted inner fairing
Magnum 21" Wheel and Fender
Custom mounted CVO Tour Pak
Vicbaggers Bars, speaker grills,
and bezels
Atbyrne is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Vicbuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 403
Default

All the steering stems/triple clamps are interchangeable on any Cruiser 99-06.
They all have the same bearings too. I've found that the Victory bearings are about the same price as GOOD aftermarket bearings. Of course you can get made in China bearings for $3 that'll fit, but the good quality ones are about $20-30 I've found.

Also if you are interested I make a kit to convert any Cruiser to Kingpin or Vegas triple tree setups. Pictured is my 2000SC with 08-newer Hammer front end, and 2004 Kingpin wheels. The wheel kit is another kit I make. These kits open up a world of possibilities in customizing with the use of newer model aftermarket components.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-08-10_15-32-02_260.jpg (47.1 KB, 11 views)

Rylan Vos
The Vic Shop, Inc
(515)-339-4313
Vicbuilder is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,949
Default

Most bearings have numbers on then so you can get them cross over to what you want. If not they can measure them

2008 Vision
Mpls, MN.

Please add your state and model of bike you have. Click user CP @ top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Atbyrne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: corydon, in
Posts: 812
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicbuilder View Post
All the steering stems/triple clamps are interchangeable on any Cruiser 99-06.
They all have the same bearings too. I've found that the Victory bearings are about the same price as GOOD aftermarket bearings. Of course you can get made in China bearings for $3 that'll fit, but the good quality ones are about $20-30 I've found.

Also if you are interested I make a kit to convert any Cruiser to Kingpin or Vegas triple tree setups. Pictured is my 2000SC with 08-newer Hammer front end, and 2004 Kingpin wheels. The wheel kit is another kit I make. These kits open up a world of possibilities in customizing with the use of newer model aftermarket components.
I agree on the bearings, just my father works for a NAPA store and I can get his discount. So it would be cheaper. Not even sure if I will need them.

I am very interested in your wheel conversion kit. What wheels does it convert it to? How much is the Kit. I am working on a budget so it takes me a while to save up to do things. I may have access to a stock XC front wheel cheap.

Thanks for all of you help.
Travis

2011 Cross Country
PCV with Vic filter
Witchdoctors Muscle Mufflers
Painted inner fairing
Magnum 21" Wheel and Fender
Custom mounted CVO Tour Pak
Vicbaggers Bars, speaker grills,
and bezels
Atbyrne is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Vicbuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 403
Default

The wheel kit is about $300. I say about because it depends on what you want to do, and what wheels you need. You'll have to come up with the wheels and newer style rotors. Between the wheels/tires/rotors/kit you may have $1000 or more wrapped up in it. FYI the Vision/Cross rear wheel is not possible with the Cruisers. We can do the front wheel no problem, but it isn't possible to do the rear. Kingpin wheels work really well in the old cruisers.
Here is a pic or two:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2002wheelkit.jpg (73.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg wheels99.jpg (58.2 KB, 11 views)

Rylan Vos
The Vic Shop, Inc
(515)-339-4313
Vicbuilder is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Atbyrne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: corydon, in
Posts: 812
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicbuilder View Post
The wheel kit is about $300. I say about because it depends on what you want to do, and what wheels you need. You'll have to come up with the wheels and newer style rotors. Between the wheels/tires/rotors/kit you may have $1000 or more wrapped up in it. FYI the Vision/Cross rear wheel is not possible with the Cruisers. We can do the front wheel no problem, but it isn't possible to do the rear. Kingpin wheels work really well in the old cruisers.
Here is a pic or two:
I will be talking to you in the future for this for sure. I defiantly want a different front wheel eventually. Have to get it back together and ride it some before the boss will let me spend more money on it. LOL! What is different about the rotors? I don't have an original front rotor on it now.

2011 Cross Country
PCV with Vic filter
Witchdoctors Muscle Mufflers
Painted inner fairing
Magnum 21" Wheel and Fender
Custom mounted CVO Tour Pak
Vicbaggers Bars, speaker grills,
and bezels
Atbyrne is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Vicbuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 403
Default

The original rotors had "0" offset and were 5 bolt. The rotors that fit the new style wheels are 6 bolts and have 5mm offset. It is just easier to use new rotors rather than try to modify the old ones. An added benefit is the new rotors has far less tendencies to warp.

Rylan Vos
The Vic Shop, Inc
(515)-339-4313
Vicbuilder is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Atbyrne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: corydon, in
Posts: 812
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicbuilder View Post
The original rotors had "0" offset and were 5 bolt. The rotors that fit the new style wheels are 6 bolts and have 5mm offset. It is just easier to use new rotors rather than try to modify the old ones. An added benefit is the new rotors has far less tendencies to warp.
Good to know, is that $300 per wheel or per bike? I assume it also depends on the type of wheels ?

2011 Cross Country
PCV with Vic filter
Witchdoctors Muscle Mufflers
Painted inner fairing
Magnum 21" Wheel and Fender
Custom mounted CVO Tour Pak
Vicbaggers Bars, speaker grills,
and bezels
Atbyrne is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Vicbuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 403
Default

The kit is $300 for one bike. It is a bunch of spacers and some modified parts that I'll need your cores back on.

The rest of the puzzle is the wheels, tires, and rotors. Between the three of them you could have a decent amount of cash wrapped up. But the results are well worth the money - the 18's from a Kingpin look great, handle great, have more reliablility, and there are more styles to choose from.

A person should contact me for the fine details when they are ready and I'll make sure you get the right parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crabbfinished (8).jpg (70.5 KB, 7 views)

Rylan Vos
The Vic Shop, Inc
(515)-339-4313

Last edited by Vicbuilder; 09-06-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: photo
Vicbuilder is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome