2012 8-ball problem - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Chad782's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New hampshire
Posts: 40
Garage
Default 2012 8-ball problem

I have had my Vegas 8-ball for about a month now. I have had about 4 instances where it shuts off on me while I grab the clutch. I hit the start and it fires right back up. Any ideas what might be going on?

2016 Victory Cross Country
2012 Victory Vegas 8-ball (Traded)
2003 Harley Sportster 883 (Traded)

Check me out on YouTube Kaptain Granite I do motovlogs while out on the bike.
Chad782 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default

What if any mods are done to the bike , your pipes are not stock , do you know if you have air intake or fuel controller on the bike , could be a stage one flash from the dealer ... Just need more info from you to help determine potential problems . First thing I would do is check you battery terminals to make sure they are good and tight , when they are loose or your battery is weak Vics can do some funky things ....

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ
LILMAGS500 is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Chad782's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New hampshire
Posts: 40
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILMAGS500 View Post
What if any mods are done to the bike , your pipes are not stock , do you know if you have air intake or fuel controller on the bike , could be a stage one flash from the dealer ... Just need more info from you to help determine potential problems . First thing I would do is check you battery terminals to make sure they are good and tight , when they are loose or your battery is weak Vics can do some funky things ....
Stage one pipes other than that no other mods to it. When I did first get the bike I did notice a bit of white powder from one of the spark plugs where it looked like something leaked. No idea if that would have anything to do with it. Maybe it's slightly corroded?

2016 Victory Cross Country
2012 Victory Vegas 8-ball (Traded)
2003 Harley Sportster 883 (Traded)

Check me out on YouTube Kaptain Granite I do motovlogs while out on the bike.
Chad782 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:03 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad782 View Post
I did notice a bit of white powder from one of the spark plugs where it looked like something leaked. No idea if that would have anything to do with it. Maybe it's slightly corroded?
Nope , someone used S100 to clean the bike and didn't rinse / blow dry around the plugs good enough . NORMAL .
Check battery connections and disconnect your 02 sensors (this should cause your bike to run a little richer) zip tie the wires neatly out of harms way , and see if this cures the stalling issue . You may need to reset your IAC valve by turning the key to the on position , with the handle bar kill switch in the off position , then cycle the switch on for 15 seconds or so then off for 15 seconds or so, all with the key in the "ON" position , then turn the key off , back on and start the bike normally . During this time you will hear the clicking of the IAC valve while it is resetting .

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ

Last edited by LILMAGS500; 06-30-2015 at 11:05 AM.
LILMAGS500 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:13 AM
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,947
Default

are you blipping the throttle
its a NO NO with victories

2008 Vision
Mpls, MN.

Please add your state and model of bike you have. Click user CP @ top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Chad782's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New hampshire
Posts: 40
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILMAGS500 View Post
Nope , someone used S100 to clean the bike and didn't rinse / blow dry around the plugs good enough . NORMAL .
Check battery connections and disconnect your 02 sensors (this should cause your bike to run a little richer) zip tie the wires neatly out of harms way , and see if this cures the stalling issue . You may need to reset your IAC valve by turning the key to the on position , with the handle bar kill switch in the off position , then cycle the switch on for 15 seconds or so then off for 15 seconds or so, all with the key in the "ON" position , then turn the key off , back on and start the bike normally . During this time you will hear the clicking of the IAC valve while it is resetting .
Ok awesome I'll give it a shot later on today. Last time it cut off on me I was about to pull into my driveway. Down shifted to 2nd and as soon as I let the clutch out it cut out which seems like the case for the other times, always after a down shift.

2016 Victory Cross Country
2012 Victory Vegas 8-ball (Traded)
2003 Harley Sportster 883 (Traded)

Check me out on YouTube Kaptain Granite I do motovlogs while out on the bike.
Chad782 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Chad782's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New hampshire
Posts: 40
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
are you blipping the throttle
its a NO NO with victories
No blipping here

2016 Victory Cross Country
2012 Victory Vegas 8-ball (Traded)
2003 Harley Sportster 883 (Traded)

Check me out on YouTube Kaptain Granite I do motovlogs while out on the bike.
Chad782 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:29 AM
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,947
Default

what rpm is the bike at when you let the clutch out.
the rpm should be 2000 at least

2008 Vision
Mpls, MN.

Please add your state and model of bike you have. Click user CP @ top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Chad782's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New hampshire
Posts: 40
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
what rpm is the bike at when you let the clutch out.
the rpm should be 2000 at least
I always shift around 3000 rpm let out at 2000-2100

2016 Victory Cross Country
2012 Victory Vegas 8-ball (Traded)
2003 Harley Sportster 883 (Traded)

Check me out on YouTube Kaptain Granite I do motovlogs while out on the bike.
Chad782 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Chad782's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New hampshire
Posts: 40
Garage
Default

Going to give the battery lines a look over tomorrow. Rain kinda put a damper on that today. I did the reset like you said then I had to rush home to beat the rain yesterday and it didn't quit on me so that was promising.

2016 Victory Cross Country
2012 Victory Vegas 8-ball (Traded)
2003 Harley Sportster 883 (Traded)

Check me out on YouTube Kaptain Granite I do motovlogs while out on the bike.
Chad782 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome