Fast Idle Lever
Check Fast Idle Lever and Cable
1. Move the fast idle lever. It should move smoothly from its rest position to its completely open position and back again
2. Fast idle lever freeplay - the amount of lever movement from the rest position to the point of cable resistance - should be 1/8-1/4 inch (3-6 mm).
3. Adjust fast idle lever freeplay if necessary.
Adjust Fast Idle Lever Freeplay
1. Remove the operator’s seat.
2. Remove the fuel tank.
3. Loosen the fast idle cable adjuster jam nut.
4. Turn the cable adjuster in or out until the fast idle lever freeplay is 1/8-1/4 inch (3-6 mm).
5. Tighten the adjuster jam nut and reinstall the fuel tank and operator’s seat.
Check Throttle Control Grip and Cable
1. Rotate the throttle control grip. It should rotate smoothly from its rest position to its completely open position and back again. It should return to its rest position quickly when released.
2. Throttle freeplay - the amount of throttle control grip movement from the rest position to the point of cable resistance - should be 1/8-1/4 inch (3-6 mm).
3. Adjust throttle freeplay if necessary.
Adjust Throttle Freeplay
1. Slide the rubber covers off both cable adjusters, and loosen both adjuster jam nuts.
2. Turn both cable adjusters into the cable as far as possible.
1/8-1/4 inch (3-6 mm)
￼￼￼3. Turn the cable adjuster on the throttle opening cable out until the throttle freeplay is between 1/8-1/4 inch (3-6 mm).
4. Hold the throttle control grip at the fully closed position and turn the cable adjuster on the throttle closing cable out until resistance is felt.
5. Tighten the adjuster jam nuts on both cables, and reinstall both rubber covers.
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers
2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley
Retired Navy SCPO