Wix Oil Filter vs Victory Oil Filter - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 03:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Bend, WA
Posts: 62
Default

..................height......bypass.......max flo
Wix 51356....3.4 in.......8-11...........9-11
Wix 51358....2.78 in.......8..............8-10
Wix 51365....2.57 in......8-11..........9-11

Wix website has all the data (except efficiency)

Last edited by mtsiview; 02-19-2013 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Clarity
mtsiview is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 03:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Bend, WA
Posts: 62
Default

Oh, and by the way, even though all three will fit, the only filter Wix recommends for Victory is 51356. The 51358 is the one they recommend for most Polaris machines, and the 51365 is for one particular Polaris machine.
mtsiview is offline  
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Rajder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 329
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsiview View Post
..................height......bypass.......max flo
Wix 51356....3.4 in.......8-11...........9-11
Wix 51358....2.78 in.......8..............8-10
Wix 51365....2.57 in......8-11..........9-11

Wix website has all the data (except efficiency)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsiview View Post
Oh, and by the way, even though all three will fit, the only filter Wix recommends for Victory is 51356. The 51358 is the one they recommend for most Polaris machines, and the 51365 is for one particular Polaris machine.
That's the information that clears everything up. I looked on this forum somewhere and could have sworn that the 51365 was the filter that was recommended for my bike. But in fact it is the 51356 that is recommended and that is indeed why the Wix filter that I have is shorter than the factory filter. Because it is not the recommended filter!

I guess next time I should just go to the manufacturer website. LOL.

I'll swap this filter for the correct filter. Thanks.

2011 Cross Country
-Cee Baileys Windshield & Lowers. Victory Lower Bag Rails, Driver And Passenger Backrests.
-RPW Exhaust, Lloydz Air Filter, VM1 Cams, ATS (Timing Wheel), 1/4 turn throttle & IAV. PCV with Custom Tune by Coweta Customs.

105.2 HP & 127 Ft-Lbs on a Dynostar (Eddy Current) Dyno.
Rajder is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Member
 
cjanicke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western Kansas
Posts: 30
Garage
Default

Amazon says Fram PH6017A for Victory bikes. This crosses to the 51365. This should help confuse you. I will probably just get the K&N filter. I was happy to find the same filter fits my Onan generator.

2007 Hammer S
2007 Hammer Premium
2009 KTM 450SX
cjanicke is offline  
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 04:04 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
gibson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North east Indiana
Posts: 1,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanicke View Post
Amazon says Fram PH6017A for Victory bikes. This crosses to the 51365. This should help confuse you. I will probably just get the K&N filter. I was happy to find the same filter fits my Onan generator.
Fram is a wix

2012 Fireball Jackpot
gibson is offline  
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Cool Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson View Post
Fram is a wix
Fram is not a Wix. Not even close. In O'Rileys they have all the filters pulled apart so you can see inside them. They are night and day different. Fram is the cheapest crappy filters, Wix are some of the best.

Wix Does make Napa Filters.
visionjohnny likes this.
Cool Blue is offline  
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Member
 
cjanicke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western Kansas
Posts: 30
Garage
Default

What is quality of the K&N? Is it worth the money, or would I just be paying for the sticker?

2007 Hammer S
2007 Hammer Premium
2009 KTM 450SX
cjanicke is offline  
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Cool Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanicke View Post
What is quality of the K&N? Is it worth the money, or would I just be paying for the sticker?
It is a good quality filter but you are paying extra for the name and the bolt on the top of it. That is a nice feature, but I would not pay extra for it.
Cool Blue is offline  
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 03:45 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
gibson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North east Indiana
Posts: 1,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Blue View Post
Fram is not a Wix. Not even close. In O'Rileys they have all the filters pulled apart so you can see inside them. They are night and day different. Fram is the cheapest crappy filters, Wix are some of the best.

Wix Does make Napa Filters.
they make the cheap filter for Fram. Do a search this subject has been discussed in detail,

2012 Fireball Jackpot
gibson is offline  
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 07:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Cool Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson View Post
they make the cheap filter for Fram. Do a search this subject has been discussed in detail,
I did a search and can not find anything like that. Honeywell actually manufactures Fram filters themselves. I think you are confusing Fram with Napa. If you have a link, please post it.
Cool Blue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome