Dont get too excited!
Polaris aint seen their sins.
My Vegas is due home today!
I just rang and they are detailing it prior to sending the workshop gopher on a special 60 mile trip south to deliver my freshly repaired bike back to me.
Kev the mechanic did metion when he fitted aall the new internal shift mechanisms insude the primary that because my clutch is so friggin heavy with the Barnett spring and pressure plate, that while he had the clutch out for access he popped the cover to check the clutch internals.
Says theres wear on the billet Barnett cover plate which may have been caused by my brutal dragstrip launches.
As we are still waiting on a new primary cover to arrive from the US and the old one is only cosmetically marked, and Im a good loyal Victory owner theyre giving me my bike back to ride till the new primary arrives.
Kev said for me to assess the clutch operation myself and when I bring it back for the new primary he can take action on the clutch if I want him to.
I still have the stock green spring and cover plate here and as the Barnett is ridiculously heavy Im thinking Ill get him to put the clutch back to stock when that time comes.
Ive got a few weeks riding to make up my mind as well as report back on the rest of the repairs.
Im blessed with a great dealership up at Brisbane Victory Indian.
Aussie dealerships are set up different to yours over there in that they are soley Victory Indian...naturally with an Indian bias after the change, which rattled them as much as it rattled us.
Anyway Ill report back on my Vegas with pix of the new paint job etc hopefully later today my time.
Right now but I gotta fire up the grinder and knock my welds back then go over any pinholes again with the MIG.
Was up late last night welding the megaphones to the primary pipes.
Rough!...yeah thats me...
They wont leak
Yesterday I picked up a metre of perforated 2" pipe from an exhaust shop at Tweed Heads, he quoted me $20 against other shops $50 and when I rode the XS over there yesterday it turns out I know Bob as hes a member of our bike club!
Small world hey...
So yesterday I cut the perforated tube to size then stuffed fibreglass into the empty megaphone cans then with a little difficulty forced the 2" tubing down through the guts of it and loctited the 3 allen bolts per can down tight.
Trial fitted for a sound check N
and happy with the note I dragged the Mig over, disconnected the battery and tacked the megaphones to the header pipes before unbolting the pipes to fully weld them.
Ok soon as I send this off its back to the grind and weld then fitup and ride...