Pcm - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 30Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: San Diego
Posts: 164
Garage
Default Pcm

Victory repair shop (former dealer) suggests new PCM, after I told them it's running rough. Plugs were black, replaced them, battery terminals are clean, modded air and exhaust and Emissions system removed. Thoughts?
BadBoyZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 07:45 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
depot picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere. Wherever.
Posts: 2,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoyZ View Post
Victory repair shop (former dealer) suggests new PCM, after I told them it's running rough. Plugs were black, replaced them, battery terminals are clean, modded air and exhaust and Emissions system removed. Thoughts?
Get a controller and a tune?
depot picker is online now  
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 09:03 PM
Senior Member
 
RICZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 12,055
Default

I'm curious too; as DP asked, do you have a tuner? If so what kind? If its a Dobeck type (manually adjustable) I suggest getting a digital AFR meter and adjusting your air/fuel ratio per a number of YouTube videos. Simple, easy and a helluva lot cheaper than a dyno tune. I did it and my engine is a lot smoother and stronger and I have peace of mind knowing EXACTLY what the AFRs are from idle to WOT.
BTW, do you keep the revs up - don't ride under 2500 and shift well over 3K. When accelerating, I enjoy shifting at 4500+.
visionjohnny likes this.

2010 Midnight Cherry XR. 7Jurock, Lloydz AF, ATS, AFR tuned VFCIII, IAV, and T-6 and locally repacked pipes = big smiles. SOLD to a dear friend, so it's still in the family."
2017 Spyder F3 Limited - keeps this old guy in the wind and riding with friends.
Cure that ugly stand up license plate with the cheapest and best laydown bracket. Click this:
https://www.victoryforums.com/11-ven...t-x-bikes.html
RICZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 05:30 AM
Senior Member
 
TNXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 2,278
Default

First thing you need to do is find a new mechanic because the one you are going to doesn't seem to know very much which is not surprising because most Victory "mechanics" don't have a clue. Second as mentioned above you need to tell us what kind of bike you have and what mods have been done to it. Can't read your mind.
RICZ and Motorbikerx like this.

2011 Cross Roads Sunset Red
OEM short windshield, passenger backrest, crash bars, saddle bag bars, heated grips, vinyl closeouts, tachometer, ambient temp, LED headlight, luggage rack. WD lay down licence plate.
TNXR is offline  
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 05:54 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
depot picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere. Wherever.
Posts: 2,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
I'm curious too; as DP asked, do you have a tuner? If so what kind? If its a Dobeck type (manually adjustable) I suggest getting a digital AFR meter and adjusting your air/fuel ratio per a number of YouTube videos. Simple, easy and a helluva lot cheaper than a dyno tune. I did it and my engine is a lot smoother and stronger and I have peace of mind knowing EXACTLY what the AFRs are from idle to WOT.
BTW, do you keep the revs up - don't ride under 2500 and shift well over 3K. When accelerating, I enjoy shifting at 4500+.
I have to say, I often cruise under 2500 and seldom shift anywhere near 4500 unless I'm in a real hurry.
RICZ likes this.
depot picker is online now  
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 10:57 AM
Senior Member
 
RICZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 12,055
Default

You paid for the admission, but you are not seeing the show. Enjoy that bike DP - you live among some of the greatest riding roads there am. Very rural, smooth pavement, light to no traffic, no decreasing radius curves (that I can recall) and nice elevation changes. Been there and played that bike's throttle like a trombone. But maybe you are "older" than I am, not in years, but in mind. Or maybe I'm just in a "real hurry" most the time I'm riding the twisties.

2010 Midnight Cherry XR. 7Jurock, Lloydz AF, ATS, AFR tuned VFCIII, IAV, and T-6 and locally repacked pipes = big smiles. SOLD to a dear friend, so it's still in the family."
2017 Spyder F3 Limited - keeps this old guy in the wind and riding with friends.
Cure that ugly stand up license plate with the cheapest and best laydown bracket. Click this:
https://www.victoryforums.com/11-ven...t-x-bikes.html
RICZ is offline  
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: San Diego
Posts: 164
Garage
Default

2010 Jack, 19k miles, Torque Tube intake, Bassani Road Rage 2 into 1. Don't know the history of the bike, but finding a mechanic to work on Vics is daunting here. Next will have the throttle bodies cleaned and synced. Don't know if it has a tuner, I haven't had the tank off and I don't see one in the side compartment.
BadBoyZ is offline  
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 12:25 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
depot picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere. Wherever.
Posts: 2,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
You paid for the admission, but you are not seeing the show. Enjoy that bike DP - you live among some of the greatest riding roads there am. Very rural, smooth pavement, light to no traffic, no decreasing radius curves (that I can recall) and nice elevation changes. Been there and played that bike's throttle like a trombone. But maybe you are "older" than I am, not in years, but in mind. Or maybe I'm just in a "real hurry" most the time I'm riding the twisties.
There is no need to run these up to 4500 RMPs to shift in normal operation, regardless of your age. You cruise around downtown at 4400?
depot picker is online now  
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 12:31 PM
Senior Member
 
RICZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland,Oregon
Posts: 12,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
There is no need to run these up to 4500 RMPs to shift in normal operation, regardless of your age. You cruise around downtown at 4400?
I avoid downtown anywhere. I head for them hills. Did I say need? No...its a want and I ain't normal as friends will attest.
Motorbikerx likes this.

2010 Midnight Cherry XR. 7Jurock, Lloydz AF, ATS, AFR tuned VFCIII, IAV, and T-6 and locally repacked pipes = big smiles. SOLD to a dear friend, so it's still in the family."
2017 Spyder F3 Limited - keeps this old guy in the wind and riding with friends.
Cure that ugly stand up license plate with the cheapest and best laydown bracket. Click this:
https://www.victoryforums.com/11-ven...t-x-bikes.html
RICZ is offline  
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 02:02 PM
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,946
Default

BadBoyZ
its nice you said what you have. Add it to your signature and you never have to tell us again.
If you had a fuel tuner it would be under one of the side covers and maybe under seat. Am pretty sure you don't need to sink the FI's. CA seams to be a hard place to find a tuner for sure. In that case go with a Maximum tuner. You can get the bike tuned using this guys equipment and when your done you'll be happy. He'll send you a tuner and a laptop you ride the bike the way he tells you several times. He'll tell you maps to load till its perfect. BS on needing a new ECM. Kevinx will be down in AZ for bike week and he could give a great tune too.

https://www.facebook.com/801MotoWorx/?fref=nf

2008 Vision
Mpls, MN.

Please add your state and model of bike you have. Click user CP @ top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome