Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southington, Conn.
Ok, I took it for a short ride and this is what I observed.
!) Noise while running in neutral , engage or disengage clutch no change at all.
2) put in gear, no change, let clutch out in 1st gear as clutch begins to engage noise goes away and stays quit while motor is under load.
3) while sifting, Release throttle disengage clutch, noise comes back, like turning on a switch. Engage and turn throttle noise goes away.
4) as long as the motor is under load no noise, steady throttle increase.
5) While riding at at steady rpm, slight noise,not nearly as bad.
6) nothing while turning or leaning.
The more I think about it I'm leaning toward cam chain. Though I would doubt both cylinders would have a problem, and when I listen with the extension both cylinders sound the same, to me no weird noise pretty quit. How do I check tensioner for proper operation? I think the first thing I will do is pull the oil plug to ckeck for anything outside of the normal "mud".
wiseco fuel controller
Victory performance exhaust
customized air box / K+N filter
LLoydz fuel controller
custom oil lines
custom led lighting
custom led third brake lights
Sold ..( my baby, still have some sellers remorse)
Ness fly bars
S&S air intake
Last edited by rojo154; 05-22-2019 at 12:59 PM.