Hi guys, I need some urgent advice. I have put my bike in with HD to get a few parts put on (I know, I know but there are no Vic Dealers in Scoland). All bolt ons. I supplied all of parts. Oil, Indicators, Kewl Metal brackets, RPW Baffles, Timing Wheel (I set it with loctite too), reusable gasket, Ness Grips & Pegs and the 1/4 throttle. I even supplied them with the Service Manual on a USB as well. Now this place also sells Used Victories sometimes so they aren't totally unfamiliar with them. Bear in mind my bike has only 1200 miles on it and is as new.
This is the exact list I gave them:
1. New Grips and pegs put on
2. 1/4 turn throttle ring. This is the 1/4 turn throttle ring that I want to put on my bike when the grips go on. It just shortens the twist of it.
3. Timing Wheel Installed. It just gets some loctite put on the centre bolt and gets torqued to 17 foot pounds.
4. New cover put over timing wheel - I have a new Reusable Gasket as well in the bottom of the box under a protective bit of cardboard.
5. Please install black aluminium bolts around the above as well using the anti-seize. I have a bag of them.
6. Remove Baffles and install new ones - If possible can you please put in new O Rings on my exhaust Heat shields and a new nut where my exhaust bolts to the engine - Mine look a bit rusty. I have new gaskets as well if the pipes had to come off.
7. Please remove 02 sensors and tape up the sockets. I have new 02 Bungs to go in the pipes.
8. Please install Forward Controls and remove crash bars.
9. Please install Bullet Indicators - Please be aware the the polarity can be reversed in the wiring for this. Don't trust the colours as if they are back the front (which I am told they are) it will blow the ECM
10. Please do Oil change and install new K&P Filter (please keep the old one) and install magnetic drain plug. The Air Filter is brand new so doesn't need changed.
11. Please check spark plugs and brake fluid if necessary (should be fine as my bike is near new)
12. Please install rear axle cover
Does anyone want to have a guess at how long this should all take and cost? I need to know before I take issue with the bill tomorrow when I collect my bike.
Hope to hear from you all soon!