I'm looking at 2 different bikes both are 2003 models one for 3grand another for 5grand. Both are v92's the one for 3 has leather bags, mag wheels, and both pipes on the right side and has 29k on the clock. The one for 5 has hard factory bags with the turn signal mounted on top, spoked wheels and 19k on the clock. I don't know the difference between them except for the bags are different. I've read a lot of the v92 specific forums on here and believe i can do a good job at keeping them going, I love the styling of these bikes, I wished they'd bring them back. I mean nothing wrong with the Vegas styled and cross bikes but for the most part they're a lot the same (not the vision). I'm looking to do some modifications to either one.
- making the rear tail light led hopefully keeping the stock look, but am willing to convert to a tombstone style light, I would also like to convert the turn signals as well, will this cause any load issues?
- making the front headlight hid, will it fit in the stock housing, if not could I replace the stock housing and put the speedometer face in a different housing and mount it on the bars?
- would like to put mini apes on it (especially from the high/hardball)
- if read multiple times that the 03 trannys are very reliable not like the 00-01's
- will the wheels and tires from a gunner fit it (I like the look and it would be a mod, yet still keeping it victory) or should I paint the stock ones black?
- I've also found an 08 kingpin 8ball completely black except for the aluminum fins in the motor, would it be wiser to go or wait a couple more years and try to buy new?