Can someone set me straight on this - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Rav
Member
 
Rav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lisbon Falls, Maine
Posts: 54
Default Can someone set me straight on this

I just bought a 2003 V92C. it has everything on it like a deluxe would but there was no deluxe made in 03. Right? previous owner may have put all this on it? I found one website that shows that there was an 03 deluxe. NADA and KBB do not show a deluxe as a model. Thanks

Here's a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V92C 2 small.JPG (66.4 KB, 42 views)

2011 Cross Country
2003 V92C Deluxe Sold
Rav is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 06:06 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
half_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 4,828
Default

http://cruiser.mototribe.com/motorcy...ry-v92c-deluxe

2006 Victory Kingpin
Lloydz 116" Stroker/Big Bore, .495 Cams, Torque Tubes Airbox,
RPW Thor Pipe, Lloydz ECU Flash, PC-III, PTS (-2), Rivera
Primo Clutch Spring, 31 Tooth Pulley w/Buell Belt.
half_crazy is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Tims_04V92TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 1,499
Garage
Default

First off, welcome and you got a good lookin ride there bud!

I could be wrong but as I understood the heritage with the V92C & TC starting in 2002 went to the Freedom V92 from the hammer but same tranny. 2003 they upgraded the tranny too. From 2002 on, you have the Clasic, the TC also the TCD (Deluxe) shortly there after. The TC having hard bags, shield, driving lights and the optional stage 1 level one performance flash and exhaust. I have seen several TC's listed as Deluxe a couple they said were deluxe with leather bags as yours but almost all others had hard bags andplenty of stock Vic chorme front to include the retro paint scheme. However your exhaust is definately the clasic cruiser exhaust. I don't believe the driving lights are stock 03 TC driving lights as they were more round but I don't know what the 02 driving lights looked so maybe 2 styles out there?. 2002-2003 was the evolvment years. Without a clear shot of your driving/signal light bar im a little unsure but again, just a guess I would say stock because if I was adding TS lights I don't think I would add that style to the bike. The seat looks the same stock VIC style with the mustang style seen on the TC so it makes me think you have a custom clasic cruiser that someone maybe ordered.

So my 2 cents, it's a V92CC that had options added to it from VIC. My basis for this is simple, if the owner was into MOD'ing his bike he would have got rid of that stock air box a LONG time ago. Anyone else feel free to chime in on this, it is only my best estimate since the VIN only shows T or C.. hehehe

Here is the VIN ID info to help:

The vehicle identification number (VIN) is stamped into the front of the steering head and also appears on the
certification label. You will need the vehicle identification number to title, register, license or insure the motorcycle,
or to order replacement parts.
*5VPCB16D032000000*
SAE-assigned
World Manufacturing Identifier
Chassis:
C = Classic
T = Touring
Type:
B = Standard
Engine Size:
1 = 1507 cc
Engine HP:
6 = 78-94
Series:
C = Canada
D = Domestic (49 State)
L = California
U = United Kingdom
Check Digit Model Year:
3 = 2003
Plant Code
Serial Number
UK Model Only UK Model Only

2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Goatlocker95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 851
Default

My guess is that its a 2003 Victory V92TC Touring Cruiser but it might be a 2003 Victory V92C Classic Cruiser that had a windscreen and bags added.

2014 Indian Chieftain
Goatlocker95 is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
half_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 4,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatlocker95 View Post
My guess is that its a 2003 Victory V92TC Touring Cruiser
Nope...


2006 Victory Kingpin
Lloydz 116" Stroker/Big Bore, .495 Cams, Torque Tubes Airbox,
RPW Thor Pipe, Lloydz ECU Flash, PC-III, PTS (-2), Rivera
Primo Clutch Spring, 31 Tooth Pulley w/Buell Belt.
half_crazy is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Rav
Member
 
Rav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lisbon Falls, Maine
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
Thanks, That's the website I had found that showed it But I have found nothing else that shows a deluxe was made in 03. the link also doesn't show just black as a color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_04V92TC View Post
First off, welcome and you got a good lookin ride there bud!

I could be wrong but as I understood the heritage with the V92C & TC starting in 2002 went to the Freedom V92 from the hammer but same tranny. 2003 they upgraded the tranny too. From 2002 on, you have the Clasic, the TC also the TCD (Deluxe) shortly there after. The TC having hard bags, shield, driving lights and the optional stage 1 level one performance flash and exhaust. I have seen several TC's listed as Deluxe a couple they said were deluxe with leather bags as yours but almost all others had hard bags andplenty of stock Vic chorme front to include the retro paint scheme. However your exhaust is definately the clasic cruiser exhaust. I don't believe the driving lights are stock 03 TC driving lights as they were more round but I don't know what the 02 driving lights looked so maybe 2 styles out there?. 2002-2003 was the evolvment years. Without a clear shot of your driving/signal light bar im a little unsure but again, just a guess I would say stock because if I was adding TS lights I don't think I would add that style to the bike. The seat looks the same stock VIC style with the mustang style seen on the TC so it makes me think you have a custom clasic cruiser that someone maybe ordered.

So my 2 cents, it's a V92CC that had options added to it from VIC. My basis for this is simple, if the owner was into MOD'ing his bike he would have got rid of that stock air box a LONG time ago. Anyone else feel free to chime in on this, it is only my best estimate since the VIN only shows T or C.. hehehe

Here is the VIN ID info to help:

The vehicle identification number (VIN) is stamped into the front of the steering head and also appears on the
certification label. You will need the vehicle identification number to title, register, license or insure the motorcycle,
or to order replacement parts.
*5VPCB16D032000000*
SAE-assigned
World Manufacturing Identifier
Chassis:
C = Classic
T = Touring
Type:
B = Standard
Engine Size:
1 = 1507 cc
Engine HP:
6 = 78-94
Series:
C = Canada
D = Domestic (49 State)
L = California
U = United Kingdom
Check Digit Model Year:
3 = 2003
Plant Code
Serial Number
UK Model Only UK Model Only
Thanks Tim, your spot on based on what I have found. I will get a pic of the passing lights on here when when I get a chance. the vin does have "c" indicating its a classic and I also put the Vin into Polaris's site and it says the bike is a classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatlocker95 View Post
My guess is that its a 2003 Victory V92TC Touring Cruiser but it might be a 2003 Victory V92C Classic Cruiser that had a windscreen and bags added.
The vin says its a classic but it also would have had the seat and passing lights added to it. I bought the Bike not really knowing what it was then when I started looking into it I was like this makes no sense to me.

The only info I can find that shows a deluxe was made in 03 is the same link that Half_Crazy posted above. And like Tim said the previous owner may have custom ordered it or he modded it into a deluxe on his own unless Victory snuck a couple deluxe's out the back door and didn't advertise it much. If I was going to mod it I would have made it my own not make it look like an older model, not that there is anything wrong with that. It has me curious and I have been searching for the answer. Guess I am gonna have to try and track down the original owner as he bought it new, at least that's what dealer said he did.

Rav

2011 Cross Country
2003 V92C Deluxe Sold

Last edited by Rav; 06-26-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: added to my post instead of making another one
Rav is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Goatlocker95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
Nope...

The Victory Repair Manual says otherwise. Personally I'd trust the repair manual more than Power Sports Networks website. But that just me.

Models Covered:
2002 Victory V92C (1507cc) Classic Cruiser
2002 Victory V92C (1507cc) Classic Cruiser Deluxe
2002 Victory V92TC(1507cc) Touring Cruiser
2002 Victory V92TC(1507cc) Touring Cruiser Deluxe
2003 Victory V92C (1507cc) Classic Cruiser
2003 Victory V92TC(1507cc) Touring Cruiser
2004 Victory V92C (1507cc) Classic Cruiser
2004 Victory V92TC(1507cc) Touring Cruiser

2014 Indian Chieftain
Goatlocker95 is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Tims_04V92TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 1,499
Garage
Default

I was just running through the owners manual and it notes of a Clasic Cruiser with a Touring Package and the weight of the touring package is 33 pounds... Hmmm, sounds like close to what the saddlebags, rack and lights might weigh... It does NOT refer to it as a deluxe though.

Example 2: Classic Cruiser with Touring package and cargo
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating 1150 lbs (522 kg)
Item Weight
Classic Cruiser - with full capacity of all fluids 675 lbs (306 kg)
Weight of Touring package 33 lbs (15 kg)
Cargo - optional saddlebags at capacity 14 lbs (6 kg)
Operator - with recommended riding apparel 220 lbs (100 kg)
Passenger - with recommended riding apparel 155 lbs (70 kg)
Total Weight 1097 lbs (498 kg)
NOTE: The weight of any options (in this example the total weight of the Touring package) must be added to the
base weight of the Classic Cruiser. NEVER exceed GVWR. If you have any questions regarding safe loading of
your Victory motorcyle, please consult an authorized Victory dealer.

2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Tims_04V92TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 1,499
Garage
Default

Page 28 shows a classic cruiser with "OPTIONS" which have your saddlebags and seat. Man, these owners manuals are interesting and have all kinds of cool stuff in them about our bikes... LMAO

2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
half_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 4,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatlocker95 View Post
Personally I'd trust the repair manual more than Power Sports Networks website.
Trust this... The Tour Cruiser (TC) had HARD BAGS, no leather... you will also notice other differences like the DUAL EXHAUST (one out each side)... the OP's bike is definitely not a TC.

Tour Cruiser:


V-92C Deluxe:

2006 Victory Kingpin
Lloydz 116" Stroker/Big Bore, .495 Cams, Torque Tubes Airbox,
RPW Thor Pipe, Lloydz ECU Flash, PC-III, PTS (-2), Rivera
Primo Clutch Spring, 31 Tooth Pulley w/Buell Belt.
half_crazy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome