Just tightened the positive cable, was a little loose. Fired it up, no "Ch Eng" but it still won't start in gear with the clutch in.
Just found my manual. Looks like I need to do some testing.
"Starter motor will not turn when the
transmission is in gear with the
clutch pulled in, but will turn when
the transmission is in neutral.
Clutch Safety Switch Circuit is not
CLUTCH SWITCH CIRCUIT: Test 2C
The symptom of a faulty clutch switch circuit is:
S Starter motor will not operate when
transmission is in gear with the clutch lever
pulled in. Starter will turn when transmission
is in neutral.
NOTE: The clutch switchmakes an audible click at the
beginning of the clutch lever travel. This is a good
indication that the clutch switch is working but using an
ohmmeter is the best test. A faulty switch will set acode
in the ECM, but will not set a CH ENG light.
1. Place the transmission in neutral.
2. Remove left side cover.
3. Disconnect switch connector at starter relay
(carefully pull lock tab (A) down, and push
connector away from relay to diconnect.)
4. Set DMM to Ohms ().
5. Connect red (+) lead ofDMMto the blue/yellow wire
(B) of starter relay wiring harness connector as
shown at right, using a test probe from Victory
Connector Test Kit PV 43526.
6. Connect DMM black lead to battery negative post.
7. Operate clutch lever while observingmeter display.
8. Pull in clutch lever. The meter should display
continuity to ground or very low resistance (less
than 1 ohm).
9. Release clutch lever, meter should display infinity
(O.L. on Fluket 73).
10. If clutch switch does not test as described inspect
clutch switch, clutch switch wiring or mounting of
switch to clutch lever for fault as described below.
11. Disconnect clutch switch wiring connector.
12. Connect ohmmeter across terminals of clutch
switch. Test for continuity when clutch lever is
pulled toward handlebar. Test for open circuit when
clutch lever is released.
13. If the clutch switch now operates correctly, the
wiring between this point and the previous test point
is at fault and must be corrected.
14. If the clutch switch still does not operate correctly,
inspect the mounting of the switch.
15. If the switch is mounted correctly and physically
operates but does not open and close electrically.
Replace the clutch switch and test
2002 V92 TC
Last edited by George D; 10-29-2013 at 10:51 PM.