Kickstand scrapes.. - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ukiah,N.California
Posts: 8
Default Kickstand scrapes..

I lowered my bike using the clevis from Steve Curtis and i love it my feet touch the ground and it's way more comfortable but.....Now the kickstand scrapes while turning ..Any ideas would be very greatly appreciated .Thanks!
marx01v92 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 01:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Buckeye, Az.
Posts: 1,417
Default Stock it up.

Put the shock linkage back so it raises the bike back up. Cut the seat down or have the foam cut down to lower the seat height. It is not that hard to do. You can also take the bike to an upholsterer and have them shave the foam down for you. -----Or just let that kick stand drag until it does not touch anymore around the turns, but it may not hold the bike up parked. Dang always a trade off. Good luck. ---Also you could possibly do an after market kickstand, weld it on in a different location.

Buckeye, Arizona(USA) 2011 Victory Cross Roads, Black police bag guards, black engine guards, black handle bars, Triumph Tiger mirrors, Triumph hand grips, set speedo/tach back 5" , adjustable timing wheel, Lloyzz Fuel Programmer III & air filter. Modified exhaust, made stock into 2 into 1. MRA windshield, Rotated front fender forward,relocated ignition switch, Bad Ace Fuel Tank Risers, Fat front tire.
Speedblue is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 04:20 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Motorbikerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gold Coast, Australia.
Posts: 8,647
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marx01v92 View Post
I lowered my bike using the clevis from Steve Curtis and i love it my feet touch the ground and it's way more comfortable but.....Now the kickstand scrapes while turning ..Any ideas would be very greatly appreciated .Thanks!
Yeah the kickstand on my 2010 Vegas Low scrapes on l/h bends now and then if I'm pressing on.. Only two-up tho.
Solo the footpeg scrapes, its not really a problem,
If like to raise mine a little if possible.

Victory Vegas 2010
Lloydz 109"cube big bore
" " 495 cams
" " TorqueTubes
" " timing wheel @4 deg.
" " Primary plate
" " IAV
RPW Slash pipes
PCV
Progressive 465 rear shock
Kingpin USD Forks
18" XC front wheel
1 3/4" 'Burleigh Bars'
Stebel air horn
12.106 @110.90mph
114/123

Victory Cross Country 2010 (106)
Lloyds air filter
" " VM1 Cams
Home gutted exhaust
Maximus
Both tuned by Fre[email protected] Dyno
110/116

Gold Coast
Australia

Last edited by Motorbikerx; 03-23-2014 at 04:26 AM. Reason: spellin
Motorbikerx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,947
Default

Is the spring still good. Does it hold the kickstand tight to motor or frame. If not you need a new spring

2008 Vision
Mpls, MN.

Please add your state and model of bike you have. Click user CP @ top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 04:50 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Motorbikerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gold Coast, Australia.
Posts: 8,647
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
Is the spring still good. Does it hold the kickstand tight to motor or frame. If not you need a new spring
Speaking for myself mines in nice n tight, its actually difficult at times to snag it with my boot to get it down.
Just last week pulled up in pouring rain out the back of a local hall where some friends were meeting, pulled up, turned the key off, flicked the stand out and got off the bike...Kerashh!!!
Laying on the ground with my bike after a fruitless attempt to keep het upright past the point of no return.!....
Ill double check in future, make sure its positively in place before lettingthe bike down....quick as a flash 2 mates were helping lift the Vegas back up, the only real damage was to my ego and the tip of the clutch lever, I reckon theyre designed to break there where the notcj is to save breaking further down, gives plenty of lever to still operate, good design VIc!
Tiny scratch on my mirror chrome and my leather saddlebags absorbed a lot of the impact,
Put the lever tip in my pocket and next day mixed up some Araldite and stuck it back on.
Lesson learned the hard way!
As far as the stand scraping well somethings got to scrape, the bikes a cruiser and fairly low,personally I'd like to raise mine a bit not lower it.

Victory Vegas 2010
Lloydz 109"cube big bore
" " 495 cams
" " TorqueTubes
" " timing wheel @4 deg.
" " Primary plate
" " IAV
RPW Slash pipes
PCV
Progressive 465 rear shock
Kingpin USD Forks
18" XC front wheel
1 3/4" 'Burleigh Bars'
Stebel air horn
12.106 @110.90mph
114/123

Victory Cross Country 2010 (106)
Lloyds air filter
" " VM1 Cams
Home gutted exhaust
Maximus
Both tuned by [email protected] Dyno
110/116

Gold Coast
Australia
Motorbikerx is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default

I think WD sells a special kickstand for lowered bikes .... Comes in black or chrome I believe . I would even email him your situation and he may have a solution for you , if his lowered kickstands wont work for you ....

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ
LILMAGS500 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 05:09 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbikerx View Post
Speaking for myself mines in nice n tight, its actually difficult at times to snag it with my boot to get it down.
Just last week pulled up in pouring rain out the back of a local hall where some friends were meeting, pulled up, turned the key off, flicked the stand out and got off the bike...Kerashh!!!
Laying on the ground with my bike after a fruitless attempt to keep het upright past the point of no return.!....
Ill double check in future, make sure its positively in place before lettingthe bike down....quick as a flash 2 mates were helping lift the Vegas back up, the only real damage was to my ego and the tip of the clutch lever, I reckon theyre designed to break there where the notcj is to save breaking further down, gives plenty of lever to still operate, good design VIc!
Tiny scratch on my mirror chrome and my leather saddlebags absorbed a lot of the impact,
Put the lever tip in my pocket and next day mixed up some Araldite and stuck it back on.
Lesson learned the hard way!
As far as the stand scraping well somethings got to scrape, the bikes a cruiser and fairly low,personally I'd like to raise mine a bit not lower it.
I always take my time , put the KS down , then I pull back on my bike to make sure its seated .... Please don't ask me why I do this every time ....

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ
LILMAGS500 is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Senior Member
 
lunaticrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,845
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILMAGS500 View Post
I always take my time , put the KS down , then I pull back on my bike to make sure its seated .... Please don't ask me why I do this every time ....
Lol, I do the exact same thing. It's my OCD, a quick kick (the stand) and pull back...

2012 Hammer 8 Ball - All upgrades are listed in my Garage
If racing was outlawed ... Then only outlaws would race ...
lunaticrider is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Konga63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Centre County, PA
Posts: 742
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILMAGS500 View Post
I always take my time , put the KS down , then I pull back on my bike to make sure its seated .... Please don't ask me why I do this every time ....
Awww, c'mon, Mags. Where's the fun/amusement in that? Not asking?

2007 Ness Jackpot
Konga63 is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Motorbikerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gold Coast, Australia.
Posts: 8,647
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILMAGS500 View Post
I always take my time , put the KS down , then I pull back on my bike to make sure its seated .... Please don't ask me why I do this every time ....
why do you do this every time?.............LOL

Victory Vegas 2010
Lloydz 109"cube big bore
" " 495 cams
" " TorqueTubes
" " timing wheel @4 deg.
" " Primary plate
" " IAV
RPW Slash pipes
PCV
Progressive 465 rear shock
Kingpin USD Forks
18" XC front wheel
1 3/4" 'Burleigh Bars'
Stebel air horn
12.106 @110.90mph
114/123

Victory Cross Country 2010 (106)
Lloyds air filter
" " VM1 Cams
Home gutted exhaust
Maximus
Both tuned by [email protected] Dyno
110/116

Gold Coast
Australia
Motorbikerx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome