Turn Signal Problem - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 15
Default Turn Signal Problem

I was hoping someone could help me? I have a 2007 Jackpot that i just put custom turn signals on. they are not led, and only on the front. They worked when I first hooked up the wires to test them now the Right side only is not working on Hazards or turn signal, the indicator blinks fast also, any ideas?? I know its not the new light cause when I hook it up on the right side the light works fine.

Straydawg
Straydawg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,934
Default

sorry
the right side signal power wire is different from the left side. Bet you burned up the signal module.
Check fuse just in case but i think you'll find its good. With a meter check for power on the right side if you have none your module is burned up

2008 Vision
Mpls, MN.

Please add your state and model of bike you have. Click user CP @ top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Konga63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Centre County, PA
Posts: 742
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straydawg View Post
I was hoping someone could help me? I have a 2007 Jackpot that i just put custom turn signals on. they are not led, and only on the front. They worked when I first hooked up the wires to test them now the Right side only is not working on Hazards or turn signal, the indicator blinks fast also, any ideas?? I know its not the new light cause when I hook it up on the right side the light works fine.

Straydawg
Did you run the diagnostics for the ACM? Run that and see what, if any codes show up. If you have error message(s), see VJ's thought...
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
sorry
the right side signal power wire is different from the left side. Bet you burned up the signal module.
Check fuse just in case but i think you'll find its good. With a meter check for power on the right side if you have none your module is burned up
I agree. Sounds like the ACM is fried...

2007 Ness Jackpot
Konga63 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 15
Default

Not sure how to run diagnostic on ACM?
Straydawg is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,934
Default

second post down will help you all vic the same

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/foru....asp?tid=12968

2008 Vision
Mpls, MN.

Please add your state and model of bike you have. Click user CP @ top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 15
Default

I just noticed that when I traced the front right turn finals wired into the headlight the wires actually switch at the first harness, meaning you would not want to switch them again when I stalling the light. Just an chi cause I see a lot of posts about the wiring being different on the right side
Straydawg is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Konga63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Centre County, PA
Posts: 742
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straydawg View Post
... the headlight the wires actually switch at the first harness, meaning you would not want to switch them again when installing the light.
Correct. BluBlk then becomes your ground and Blk your hot wire. PIA for sure.

2007 Ness Jackpot
Konga63 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 15
Default

When I ran the diagnostic on the ACM the code that kept flashing was 15, that didn't really help because the procedures for that code all checked out fine. The line is just plain dead no juice to it at all so I am thinking I may have to replace the ACM? I just bought the bike too and didn't even put it on the road yet.....damn!!
Straydawg is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Konga63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Centre County, PA
Posts: 742
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straydawg View Post
When I ran the diagnostic on the ACM the code that kept flashing was 15, that didn't really help because the procedures for that code all checked out fine. The line is just plain dead no juice to it at all so I am thinking I may have to replace the ACM? I just bought the bike too and didn't even put it on the road yet.....damn!!
It does look like the ACM is toast. Those units are extremely fragile. I assume you've checked your fuse? If you end up needing to get a new ACM, you can get one from Honda East (a site sponsor) @ 20% discount...every little bit helps, eh?

2007 Ness Jackpot
Konga63 is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 10:41 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
NOEMTZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 1,564
Garage
Default

http://www.noemtz.com/purevictoryparts.htm Scroll about half way down the page. OEM..ACM in stock and ready to ship.

www.noemtz.com
Parts & Accessories, Grips, Pegs,Tail Lights, Clear Signal Lenses, Clutch Cable Repair Kits, Custom Tank Badges, Brake Pads, Led Conversions and installation, 12 Volt Adaptors, Chrome, Dyna Beads Wheel Balancing, Heel Blades, Kickstand extensions and much more!

"I Would Rather Die On My Feet, Than Live On My Knees...Emiliano Zapata - 1910"
I DONT PICK SIDES, GO WITH THE FLOW, OR PUT UP WITH BULLSHIT.
I RELY SOLELY ON MYSELF, BEAUSE I HAVE MY OWN BACK. NOEMTZ - 2010
NOEMTZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome