finding neutral - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 9
Default finding neutral

I notice it is very difficult to find neutral on my 2009 Vegas anybody have this issue
irishboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Member
 
Barryj2065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 49
Default

Had that problem when my bike was new.

2011 X Country
Lloydz ATS +5
Lloydz Air Filter
Llyodz Cam
Power Commander V
Modified Exhaust
Kyle KMC Tune
Digital Guard Dog

116hp, 117tq
Barryj2065 is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 12,947
Default

look in your owners book it will show you clutch lever free play.
You can only adjust your clutch when over night cold.

2008 Vision
Mpls, MN.

Please add your state and model of bike you have. Click user CP @ top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Senior Member
 
DillPickle311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Clinton, Mississippi
Posts: 1,638
Default

I stop in 1st, shift up to 2nd, barely touch shifter to find neutral.
DillPickle311 is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Judge Redd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hanover, VA
Posts: 776
Garage
Default

Yeah super easy for me as long as I am in first. Sometimes like in Dill's example as well, but not as consistent for me. Powertrain takes a while to break in, and it's pretty much always going to be a little rough in the tranny dept.

2014 Judge(Havasu Red) PC-V - ATS(+4) - RPW Boom Sticks - HOHVM1-DR cams - Torque Tubes (dyno sheet) 1/4 turn throttle - OPT7 LED headlight kit - OEM bags, backrest, and W/S
Judge Redd is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Motorbikerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gold Coast, Australia.
Posts: 8,647
Garage
Default

09 Vegas should be broke in by now. How many miles on it.
At risk of oil thread a good oil changes at or before its due wont hurt, your early would have 2500 mile change interval same as my 010, I use good oil and have no problem running it up to the 5000 mile mark though I tend to change it around the 4000 mile mark depending on circumstances.
Every bike I've owned has been touchy to find neutral while stationary, helps if you can do it while still moving slowly I think and same with the Vic.
Helps that your clutch adjustment is spot on too.
And Dills method usually finds neutral if I'm already stopped.
If I'm sitting at a red light I'm in first gear anyway as a safety measure.

Victory Vegas 2010
Lloydz 109"cube big bore
" " 495 cams
" " TorqueTubes
" " timing wheel @4 deg.
" " Primary plate
" " IAV
RPW Slash pipes
PCV
Progressive 465 rear shock
Kingpin USD Forks
18" XC front wheel
1 3/4" 'Burleigh Bars'
Stebel air horn
12.106 @110.90mph
114/123

Victory Cross Country 2010 (106)
Lloyds air filter
" " VM1 Cams
Home gutted exhaust
Maximus
Both tuned by [email protected] Dyno
110/116

Gold Coast
Australia

Last edited by Motorbikerx; 10-05-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Motorbikerx is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbikerx View Post
09 Vegas should be broke in by now. How many miles on it.
At risk of oil thread a good oil changes at or before its due wont hurt, your early would have 2500 mile change interval same as my 010, I use good oil and have no problem running it up to the 5000 mile mark though I tend to change it around the 4000 mile mark depending on circumstances.
Every bike I've owned has been touchy to find neutral while stationary, helps if you can do it while still moving slowly I think and same with the Vic.
If I'm sitting at a red light I'm in first gear anyway as a safety measure.
I just bought it from a dealer it has 3500 miles so its still fresh. I think it could be the oil, dealer said it was just change but never know. It was easy at the first 100 miles
irishboy is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Motorbikerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gold Coast, Australia.
Posts: 8,647
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishboy View Post
I just bought it from a dealer it has 3500 miles so its still fresh. I think it could be the oil, dealer said it was just change but never know. It was easy at the first 100 miles
3500 well yeah everythings tight allright.
Say you had first change at 500 it would have been logbook due at 3000.
Do you trust the dealer?
Has the bike a logbook service record?
Are they a Vic dealer.
Oil changes are easy on Vics if yr handy with a spanner, well actually an Allen wrench and filter remover.
Your answers will dictate wether or not you change it again.
Go hunting on here theres lots of oil threads certainly to confuse you LOL!
If I was you I'd be out racking up some miles as youll love the prrformance as she loosens up and you bond with your machine. Takes a bit of time and miles to fully apreciate the
Victory experience.
Enjoy

Got any pix?

Victory Vegas 2010
Lloydz 109"cube big bore
" " 495 cams
" " TorqueTubes
" " timing wheel @4 deg.
" " Primary plate
" " IAV
RPW Slash pipes
PCV
Progressive 465 rear shock
Kingpin USD Forks
18" XC front wheel
1 3/4" 'Burleigh Bars'
Stebel air horn
12.106 @110.90mph
114/123

Victory Cross Country 2010 (106)
Lloyds air filter
" " VM1 Cams
Home gutted exhaust
Maximus
Both tuned by [email protected] Dyno
110/116

Gold Coast
Australia
Motorbikerx is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbikerx View Post
3500 well yeah everythings tight allright.
Say you had first change at 500 it would have been logbook due at 3000.
Do you trust the dealer?
Has the bike a logbook service record?
Are they a Vic dealer.
Oil changes are easy on Vics if yr handy with a spanner, well actually an Allen wrench and filter remover.
Your answers will dictate wether or not you change it again.
Go hunting on here theres lots of oil threads certainly to confuse you LOL!
If I was you I'd be out racking up some miles as youll love the prrformance as she loosens up and you bond with your machine. Takes a bit of time and miles to fully apreciate the
Victory experience.
Enjoy

Got any pix?
well I trust them to a degree but they were a Arlen Ness dealer, I will change the oil just for peace of mind thinking about going with the t6 oil or whatever it is Rotella makes, everyone seem to love it
irishboy is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Senior Member
 
kidwell03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hEL PASO, TX
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishboy View Post
I notice it is very difficult to find neutral on my 2009 Vegas anybody have this issue
with

Switch to a full snythetic oil I use mobil1 20/50, problem solved.

2005 Vegas 8 Ball (MY BABY)
1996 Honda Shadow, cut, sawed, hard tail, ratted bobber (WHITE TRASH Build)
2011 XC -Destroyed by a kids Chevy Cruze
2012 XC
2002 HD Electra Glide Classic sold
kidwell03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome