whats with the warranty!!! - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
VZFOCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Loveland, CO
Posts: 3
Exclamation whats with the warranty!!!

I am a new member (from August 2011). I own a '12 Hardball. I have loved this bike, but I have had issues building as I put the miles on riding the local Rocky Mtn roads and local highways.
So far, I have 3750mi. and counting.
My issues;
The shifting is noisy and getting much loader. The local dealers service say this is normal, but my friends with the similar year transmission/motor say its normal.
The bike makes a whining/squeal noise that is only audible when its in gear and rolling. Very audible and annoying by all riders and traffic around the bike. .
***this is causing all my Harley buds to swear off Victorys and the new buyers to turn away***

EVEN my American Legion Rider brothers believe that this should be solved within the warranty that Polaris has supplied with my purchase from the local dealer.

I have had multiple meetings with the local polaris/victory service dealers, but they are only middle men in between me and Polaris Industries.

I have also called the Polaris Customer Service hotline
1-888-704-5290
Available 8:00 a.m. - 11 p.m. CT Monday-Friday.

....and created a username and service concern at:
http://www.polaris.com/en-us/Corpora...ONTACT-POLARIS

So far, the Polaris Customer Service hotline representatives have been so busy that after waiting 5-15 minutes for someone to pick up the phone (if at all) have actual HUNG UP when I have asked to speak to management.


My local Polaris service dealer has exhausted emails and phone conversations and Polaris says they feel it is not a "safety concern" and will not authorize the dealership to begin troubleshooting and fixing the problem.

I NEED AS MUCH HELP AS I CAN GET WITH THIS.

My next step is to find the best lawyer to handle this issue. Any recommendations will be gladly received.

Respectfully,

Andrew
VZFOCO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Administrator
 
CrossRoads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 5,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZFOCO View Post
I am a new member (from August 2011). I own a '12 Hardball. I have loved this bike, but I have had issues building as I put the miles on riding the local Rocky Mtn roads and local highways.
So far, I have 3750mi. and counting.
My issues;
The shifting is noisy and getting much loader. The local dealers service say this is normal, but my friends with the similar year transmission/motor say its normal.
The bike makes a whining/squeal noise that is only audible when its in gear and rolling. Very audible and annoying by all riders and traffic around the bike. .
***this is causing all my Harley buds to swear off Victorys and the new buyers to turn away***

EVEN my American Legion Rider brothers believe that this should be solved within the warranty that Polaris has supplied with my purchase from the local dealer.

I have had multiple meetings with the local polaris/victory service dealers, but they are only middle men in between me and Polaris Industries.

I have also called the Polaris Customer Service hotline
1-888-704-5290
Available 8:00 a.m. - 11 p.m. CT Monday-Friday.

....and created a username and service concern at:
http://www.polaris.com/en-us/Corpora...ONTACT-POLARIS

So far, the Polaris Customer Service hotline representatives have been so busy that after waiting 5-15 minutes for someone to pick up the phone (if at all) have actual HUNG UP when I have asked to speak to management.


My local Polaris service dealer has exhausted emails and phone conversations and Polaris says they feel it is not a "safety concern" and will not authorize the dealership to begin troubleshooting and fixing the problem.

I NEED AS MUCH HELP AS I CAN GET WITH THIS.

My next step is to find the best lawyer to handle this issue. Any recommendations will be gladly received.

Respectfully,

Andrew
You could trade it in, and get another one. Quickest, and least painful route, although not the cheapest.

As far as the warranty, what is the dealer's suggestion? Is the dealer saying something is broken? In general, Polaris can't just pay dealers to fix stuff because the customer thinks they hear a noise. It's unfortunate for those who actually do have a noise (like your case), but the way to approach this is to get the dealer to diagnose the problem, and find what is wrong with it. Once you have them pinpoint what the faulty part is, then you have a case. Until then, you'll be spinning your wheels without getting anywhere. Pay the dealer to diagnose it - if it's a warranty issue, you will get it covered and reimbursed for your cost (check with dealer and make sure it is so before you do it).

Please add your bike's year and model to your signature. Here's why.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riding: 2011 Cross Roads & 2016 Springfield
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZFOCO View Post
My issues;
The shifting is noisy and getting much loader.
Change the oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZFOCO View Post
The bike makes a whining/squeal noise that is only audible when its in gear and rolling.
Probably the belt. You could adjust it or have it adjusted or you can go the route that others here have and spray it with Teflon.




https://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Senior Member
 
wesdalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 679
Default

Have you taken a ride on one of your dealers same model? If so and it doesn't make the same noise I either would pay the dealer to find the problem and then I would think that Polaris would be required to pay the diagnosis time. If after it was repaired (the noise problem gone) and Polaris refuses to pay for the time involved to find the problem I would go to a lawyer. Or you may try another dealer. We have a great dealer here in Utah, either of the Tri-city performance vic dealers would be a good choice. Good Luck

2010 X C
wesdalton is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: east tn near mountains
Posts: 470
Default

i would take it to the dealer where i bought it and tell them i'm wanting to trade it in on another bike, then see what they say after they check yours for trade in value. my brother in law had a problem like this with a toyota truck. the dealer never would admit anything was wrong after he had it there over and over. he went and picked out a new truck and told them he wanted to trade his in. when they test drove his, they said they couldn't give him a decent trade in because the transmission was bad. when he involved the service department then, all of a sudden they fixed it. he kept detailed records of every visit and complaint too.

now , 2011 crossroads and 05 sportster bobber in the making
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king, bmw r1150rt,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,819
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Change the oil.

Probably the belt. You could adjust it or have it adjusted or you can go the route that others here have and spray it with Teflon.
I agree with these comments. Give them a try and let us know what happens.

I use the Dupont Chain Lube with Teflon available at Walmart in the motorcycle stuff section. Seems to last a bit longer than the Multi-Purpose Dupont Lube with Teflon available at lowes at other hardware stores.
BBob is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
VZFOCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Loveland, CO
Posts: 3
Default

ridealittle, wesdalton, saddlebag & crossroad admin,

its a 2012 Hardball
(I am a new member (from August 2011). I own a '12 Hardball.)

The bike came with a 5 year Polaris drive-train warranty.

they inspected the belts,
changed the oil,
inspected the drive gears,
and the main belt.

all have been inspected twice within the last two visits (50 miles on the bike)

I have since riden;

2012 Hardball
2012 CrossCountry
2012 Hammer

All have the same transmission and engine as my bike.

Mine is the only one I (and the dealer I bought it from) have ever heard this kind of noise from. And the dealer who serviced the bike says they hear it to. They are telling me that Polaris wont pay to start the service (honor the warranty)

My option now is to take it to G-FORCE dealer in Denver and have them inspect the bike again (they looked, rode, inspected, and serviced the bike 200miles ago.)

BBob...

Ill ask them if the Teflon will help, but Im fairly sure this is a gear/bearing noise encased in the transmission main drive.
VZFOCO is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Administrator
 
CrossRoads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 5,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZFOCO View Post
Mine is the only one I (and the dealer I bought it from) have ever heard this kind of noise from. And the dealer who serviced the bike says they hear it to. They are telling me that Polaris wont pay to start the service (honor the warranty).
That's understandable, and I'll try to explain why.

If Polaris honored every request to open up someone's engine and/or transmission because the customer hears a "noise" they think is not right, then all Vic dealers would be busy opening and checking everyone's gears, while Polaris would be paying for it all. Once they go in, if they conclude nothing is broken, and all is well, then you should be responsible for the "false alarm" - not in your case, but in general speaking.

So, go ahead and pay the dealer whatever they want to open it up and determine what is necessary to fix. Polaris will have to fork the money if something is defective, including the money charged by the dealer to inspect it.

By the way, part of the problem here is your dealer and the way they submit the request to Polaris. If the dealer's a moron and puts "customer thinks he hears something" you can bet Polaris will decline the claim.

Please add your bike's year and model to your signature. Here's why.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riding: 2011 Cross Roads & 2016 Springfield
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
VZFOCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Loveland, CO
Posts: 3
Default

admin,

Im sure your probably right. I do believe that Polaris can choose to ignore claims based on noise complaints. But I wont settle for mediocrity...especially since I just paid them for a brand new bike WITH a warranty to protect from issues. If you were in my shoes im sure you would change your position and be equally frustrated.

Anyhow, I will take your suggestion and I have plans to take it to another dealership and file an additional service request. Ill give them another chance to fix this issue, otherwise I will make a legal case against Polaris Industries.
VZFOCO is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 05:31 AM
Senior Member
 
TNXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 2,290
Default

Be sure to let Victory know on their facebook page what is going on, some have gotten some responses that way.

2011 Cross Roads Sunset Red
OEM short windshield, passenger backrest, crash bars, saddle bag bars, heated grips, vinyl closeouts, tachometer, ambient temp, LED headlight, luggage rack. WD lay down licence plate.
TNXR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome