Interested in Victory - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
twelvefiftyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 9
Default Interested in Victory

Hey guys, new member signing in.

I do not own a Victory but I am intrigued and wanted to gather some feedback from potential owners. Currently own a 2010 R6 and considering trading it in for a Judge. Also own a 78 CB550 that I tinker around with when I have free time.

From NJ and spend most of my time up near Manhattan but do the majority of my riding down the shore area.

Cheers!
twelvefiftyone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Administrator
 
CrossRoads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 5,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvefiftyone View Post
Hey guys, new member signing in.

I do not own a Victory but I am intrigued and wanted to gather some feedback from potential owners. Currently own a 2010 R6 and considering trading it in for a Judge. Also own a 78 CB550 that I tinker around with when I have free time.

From NJ and spend most of my time up near Manhattan but do the majority of my riding down the shore area.

Cheers!
Welcome to the forum.

Please add your bike's year and model to your signature. Here's why.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riding: 2011 Cross Roads & 2016 Springfield
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
twelvefiftyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you sir!
twelvefiftyone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
GatorJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lake City, FL
Posts: 1,018
Garage
Default

Hello and Welcome from North FL ..

2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse/2005 Dyna Super Glide
GatorJoe is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 117
Default

Welcome great site lots of info I have had a lot of bikes over the years And my KP is by far my favorite

2006 kingpin
S&S Intake
Hard Krome 3in big straights
Ness Ram bars
tfkp is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
twelvefiftyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 9
Default

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
twelvefiftyone is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Senior Member
 
so-crates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 194
Default

Whats up, 12-fiddy-1! Welcome to the site!


I came to Victory from a sport bike as well. Well, I still have the sport bike too - 2010 Kawasaki Z1000. While I love my Z, the Victory is a different beast. Absolutely love riding it, and it handles incredibly well for a big cruiser. Its no sport bike...but it handles really well and inspires confidence Ive not felt on a cruiser before (had a Honda Shadow 600 and 1100...neither compared to the Victory!)

Now, I commute on a bike - and I will admit that commuting in Bay Area traffic on the Victory is not any fun - too wide for my tastes. So, the sport bike is the commute mule, the Victory is my weekend blaster. And, every once in a while I need to blow off some steam, so the sport bike gets to stretch its legs on the weekends...

If I could only own ONE bike..... It would honestly be a very difficult decision. But, I think it would end up being the Victory.

I dont think you will be disappointed

2003 Vegas - straight pipes, Big Sucker air filter kit, black powder coated everything - foot controls, handlebars, clutch and brake housing, fork lowers, luggage rack, wheels, digital speedo with powder coated housing. Relocated key switch, red plug wires. Mustang solo seat. LED ring blinkers in front. Black DEI pipe wrap.
so-crates is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvefiftyone View Post
I do not own a Victory but I am intrigued and wanted to gather some feedback from potential owners. Currently own a 2010 R6 and considering trading it in for a Judge.
That's a big change. What is it you do with a MC? The Judge won't be near as good a track bike and won't wheelie as well either.

The Judge is a continuation of the Victory saga of replacing functional parts with cheaper parts in a fashionable package.

Personally, I find the seat too scooped out, the bars too narrow, and the suspension lackluster. You will also likely be stuck with one brand of high priced tires to choose from when it's time for new shoes. The Judge, being a Victory "cruiser" is spunkier than the touring bikes.

I think the red one is purdy, but the touring bikes are superior in every way except the power off the line. Compared to your R6, all Victories will feel slow. To me, the small bit you'd gain in performance is not worth all the other trade-offs, but if you're a stop light to stop light kinda guy who doesn't put a lot of miles on bikes and ya like the look, it may be a great bike.




https://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
twelvefiftyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by so-crates View Post
Whats up, 12-fiddy-1! Welcome to the site!


I came to Victory from a sport bike as well. Well, I still have the sport bike too - 2010 Kawasaki Z1000. While I love my Z, the Victory is a different beast. Absolutely love riding it, and it handles incredibly well for a big cruiser. Its no sport bike...but it handles really well and inspires confidence Ive not felt on a cruiser before (had a Honda Shadow 600 and 1100...neither compared to the Victory!)

Now, I commute on a bike - and I will admit that commuting in Bay Area traffic on the Victory is not any fun - too wide for my tastes. So, the sport bike is the commute mule, the Victory is my weekend blaster. And, every once in a while I need to blow off some steam, so the sport bike gets to stretch its legs on the weekends...

If I could only own ONE bike..... It would honestly be a very difficult decision. But, I think it would end up being the Victory.

I dont think you will be disappointed
Thanks so-crates!

Appreciate the honest feedback. I don't use my bike to regularly commute so I don't think I am planning to keep the sportbike. Living up in North Jersey and commuting to NYC for work I stick to mass transit for the most part. My riding is mostly seasonal, weekend pleasure riding.

Considering that and the fact that our garage has limited space available and we already manage to pack 5 bikes in there, has led to my decision to most likely trade in the R6.
twelvefiftyone is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
twelvefiftyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
That's a big change. What is it you do with a MC? The Judge won't be near as good a track bike and won't wheelie as well either.

The Judge is a continuation of the Victory saga of replacing functional parts with cheaper parts in a fashionable package.

Personally, I find the seat too scooped out, the bars too narrow, and the suspension lackluster. You will also likely be stuck with one brand of high priced tires to choose from when it's time for new shoes. The Judge, being a Victory "cruiser" is spunkier than the touring bikes.

I think the red one is purdy, but the touring bikes are superior in every way except the power off the line. Compared to your R6, all Victories will feel slow. To me, the small bit you'd gain in performance is not worth all the other trade-offs, but if you're a stop light to stop light kinda guy who doesn't put a lot of miles on bikes and ya like the look, it may be a great bike.
Hey saddlebag, thanks for your feedback as well.

I have had the sportbike a few years now, and typically when I ride it is pleasure riding on weekends with my father and his buddies on weekends. They all ride cruisers from various brands and I can say for sure they are all more comfortable than my 600, no surprise there. By the end of our trips my legs and wrists are usually in some fair amount of pain, but I can handle it. While I do enjoy the occasional power of the 600, I have never taken it to the track or really pushed it to the max, so the loss in speed shouldn't be a huge issue. I have ridden all the other cruiser's my father's buddies ride and I am okay with their pace.

Typically our rides will be around countryside part of the state, into PA sometimes, 2-4 hour trips so I am not looking for a big touring bike, just something to comfortably cruise around on weekends during riding season.

I liked the look of the Judge, and thought that possibly I could maintain some of the 'sporty-ness' of my next bike while still enjoying the comfort of the cruiser if you catch my drift.

I have read a lot of comments out there that the seating position is not the most comfortable and I think the best thing to do will be for me to simply head on down to a victory dealer and sit on one and see how it feels. I will also sit on some other models while I am there just to get a comparison, who knows maybe I will like another model a lot more.

What I do know is I am very interested in the Victory brand and models. I was at the NYC motorcycle show this past weekend and of all the brands (that offer cruisers) that I checked out, Victory by far stood out the most to me. Unfortunately I did not get to sit on any at the show because it was extremely crowded, so I will plan on taking my time when I get to the dealer in the near future.

Thanks again!
twelvefiftyone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome