Thinking of getting a Victory HB
Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a man of no wealth and nor taste, I've been around for 46 years, bought many bikes and put them to waste.... HA HA HA...
So this week-end I walked into my local motorcycle dealership and was floored by this beautiful 2013 HB with 15,000 KM (KM not Miles here in Canada), bike has after market pipes sounds nice and deep and quick release leather saddle bags. Dealer wants around $12 K for it but I offer my 2013 Honda Fury with 9,000 KM on it. Dealer put deal down that I can walk with the Vic after trading in my Fury plus $3500.
For those who are not familiar with Honda Fury its a 1300cc bike I got aftermarket Hard Krome pipes on it. It has the super realiable Honda VT engine and of coarse the Honda bullet proof reputation. I just did a 2000 KM trip on it last week like always no issues.
Now the Vic HB looks super sweet but I'm not really familiar with Vic bikes. So want ask a few questions here, and yes I know for honest opinions I should not be on this forum but hey here I am.
1) With Victory discontinues I do know Polarise has agreed to keep making parts for another 10 years from 2017 so till 2027, am I correct?
2) With this in mind is Vic bike a good thing to take on tour knowing that may dealers in the U.S and Canada my not have parts in stock all the time like Clutch cables and other things that can go wrong on a long tour through the US. One day I want to ride from Toronto to Florida to west coast all the up to Vancouver and back to Toronto. Would not have parts at dealers or even having less dealers than Honda dealers around pose an issue one day for this kind of trip?
3) One Polaris sales man said that many of the Victory bikes share parts with the Indian bikes so there should not be problems is that true does the HB share parts with any of the Indian bikes?
4) I have not test rode the HB the dealer made me put down $500 as a down payment subject full refund if I'm not happy with a test ride coming this Friday, the HB has 24 more HP and 28 lbs/ft torqe than the Fury but weights 67 lbs more.
5) I did a test drive of the Indian Dark Horse a few months back which had the 111 engine the HB has 106 and I was not impressed at all the thing rode like a bad horse, it had all stock parts of coarse
6) The HB at the dealer has aftermarket pipes how can I tell if the previous owner did any other stage mods like power commander, dont think the dealer know of anything else.
7) I work on my own bikes from oil changes, Tire changes, break pads, Leaking fork fixes, Honda is easy to work on and parts always available, how easy is it work on Victory's?
I have 2 bikes, right now a 2004 Honda VTX 1300C which I love for it's reliability and the Fury which has the exact same engine but is Fuel injected vs Carbureted. I love Honda's as you ride them hard with little maintenance and pampering need vs bikes like HD and that was a major reason to sticking to Honda again for my second bike. I've heard good things about the Victory, I really love their styling and would not mind having 2 different company bikes in my stable rather just Hondas.
So I'm posing these questions here hoping to get some honest feed back.