Hey ya'll... - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: west Tennessee
Posts: 7
Default Hey ya'll...

I'm not a victory owner (yet) but hope to be soon. I am new to this forum and am looking forward to learning all I can. I'm most interested in a Vision and maybe a cross country. Currently I ride a VTX 1300c but about a week ago I went to West Memphis Ar. and rode both of the afore mentioned. All I can say is AWSOME RIDE. I left there and rode a new Ultra Classic. For me, the Vision is the winner hands down. Now, how to get my hands on 20 grand
Firetruck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 12:37 AM
The Diamond
 
diamondrmp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: N. California via Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,001
Garage
Default

Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A few helpful pointers,
  • Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

  • The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

  • If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature, please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

Please add the year and model of your bike to your signature, so we know how to help when you ask a question!
diamondrmp is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
SeeJayDub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 91
Garage
Default

Welcome, and hope it works out.
SeeJayDub is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: west Tennessee
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeJayDub View Post
Welcome, and hope it works out.
Thanks, my wife had previously told me to go get a new bike. I began talks today with a local stealer and after she found out how much they cost...well not lookin good.
Firetruck is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Senior Member
 
ndabunka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
Thanks, my wife had previously told me to go get a new bike. I began talks today with a local stealer and after she found out how much they cost...well not lookin good.
Used Visions are available as low as $13K or $14K. Recently, a 2009 Arlen Ness '09 Vision with something like 300 miles sold for $16,500 (Retailed for $23K new) on eBay so they can be bought for some pretty good price. Remember that that some of the 2010s also had the ABS brakes on them as well so if ABS is one of your objectives, you don't have to get a '11 to get that feature.

Many dealers can also get you demo units for discounted prices. I am all for supporting your local dealer but you can "keep them honest/competitive" by shopping around and be willing to travel if you can save some $'s. Heck, the 8-Ball Visions RETAIL for $17,999 and most dealers will discount pretty much ANY Victory by around $1K. You can generally get another $1K off pretty much any model if you attend one of the Victory "Fuel It" demo rides.

Hope this helps and good luck in your search

Here's a White 2010 with a starting bid of $15,600
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Like-...item27bb0cefd0

Here's an '08 demo (only 921 miles) that was sold by a GREAT Victory dealer for $12,800. If you want to know what they have available, give them a call and tell them that Jay referred you to them. That store is run by a pair of brothers, Dave and Tim who are both great guys who will bend over backwards to make you happy. I should know...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...item231090b214




It's not just any victory.... It's MY Victory!

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders
Ness Knurled Highway Pegs/KwelMetal Brackets
Ness Radius laydown license
Chrome CAM Tension Covers
Red Engine Bolts
Madstad System
DIY Garage Door Opener
Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails
Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds
Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers
Power Commander V Tuner
Power Commander AT-300
Hertz HCX 165s Speakers
JL Audio HX280/4 Bridged 140w

Last edited by ndabunka; 05-17-2011 at 08:06 PM.
ndabunka is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Senior Member
 
ammo_umb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,699
Default

Keep an eye out in classifieds, cycle trader, craigslist, ebay and on all the dealer websites (within the distance you want to ride). Also there are at least 3 other Victory websites other than this one that have classifieds. Look long enough and hard enough and a deal will fall into your lap.

Are you current or prior Military? If so Victory has $1000 waiting for you. Have you looked at the Demo Truck schedule? If not, do it! I'm not sure what the deal is this year but last year they gave coupons for $1000 off a new Victory if bought at that dealer within 30 days.

If you have to buy used don't sweat it; Victory is nothing like Kia or Hyundai -- these bikes are tough! I read on another website that only a handful of the Victory's produced have had internal engine problems; Victory averages building 33000 bikes per year -- after over 10+ years it's tough to find a bike that had the engine opened for anything other than a big bore kit!

I'm biased towards Cross Roads, I payed $14,999 (and got $1500 in accessories thrown in) and love the bike so much I would do it again in a minute. Best part is that I wasn't in the market. My wife started riding around with me on my V-Star and decided "we" needed a bigger bike -- it was a Christmas miracle (in August)!

Best of luck, hope to see you bragging about your new ride soon!

Retired USAF, IYAAYAS!

2008 V-Star 1100 Custom Bobber project

2011 Crimson XR with Forged Highway Bars / Hard Bags / Passenger Backrest, Ness parts including Smooth Layback Plate Frame/Mount / Rad 3 Mirror / deep cut grips / drivers floorboards /shifter peg / brake peg / passenger pegs. Witchdoctor black rack, Lloydz filter / timing wheel / VFC III, 7Jurock windshield, Drag Specialties seat.
ammo_umb is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: west Tennessee
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Used Visions are available as low as $13K or $14K. Recently, a 2009 Arlen Ness '09 Vision with something like 300 miles sold for $16,500 (Retailed for $23K new) on eBay so they can be bought for some pretty good price. Remember that that some of the 2010s also had the ABS brakes on them as well so if ABS is one of your objectives, you don't have to get a '11 to get that feature.

Many dealers can also get you demo units for discounted prices. I am all for supporting your local dealer but you can "keep them honest/competitive" by shopping around and be willing to travel if you can save some $'s. Heck, the 8-Ball Visions RETAIL for $17,999 and most dealers will discount pretty much ANY Victory by around $1K. You can generally get another $1K off pretty much any model if you attend one of the Victory "Fuel It" demo rides.

Hope this helps and good luck in your search

Here's a White 2010 with a starting bid of $15,600
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Like-...item27bb0cefd0

Here's an '08 demo (only 921 miles) that was sold by a GREAT Victory dealer for $12,800. If you want to know what they have available, give them a call and tell them that Jay referred you to them. That store is run by a pair of brothers, Dave and Tim who are both great guys who will bend over backwards to make you happy. I should know...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...item231090b214
Those are nice. A local dealer has a new 08 listed for 15xxx. I think i want a newer one. The upgraded transmission is appealing to me.
Thanks for the links
Firetruck is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: west Tennessee
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo_umb View Post
Keep an eye out in classifieds, cycle trader, craigslist, ebay and on all the dealer websites (within the distance you want to ride). Also there are at least 3 other Victory websites other than this one that have classifieds. Look long enough and hard enough and a deal will fall into your lap.

Are you current or prior Military? If so Victory has $1000 waiting for you. Have you looked at the Demo Truck schedule? If not, do it! I'm not sure what the deal is this year but last year they gave coupons for $1000 off a new Victory if bought at that dealer within 30 days.

If you have to buy used don't sweat it; Victory is nothing like Kia or Hyundai -- these bikes are tough! I read on another website that only a handful of the Victory's produced have had internal engine problems; Victory averages building 33000 bikes per year -- after over 10+ years it's tough to find a bike that had the engine opened for anything other than a big bore kit!

I'm biased towards Cross Roads, I payed $14,999 (and got $1500 in accessories thrown in) and love the bike so much I would do it again in a minute. Best part is that I wasn't in the market. My wife started riding around with me on my V-Star and decided "we" needed a bigger bike -- it was a Christmas miracle (in August)!

Best of luck, hope to see you bragging about your new ride soon!
I really like the cross country too
thanks for the info
Firetruck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome