Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Old Biker

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  busajack 
#1 ·
So I was pumpin some petrol in the ol girl yesterday when a white haired dood walks up and asks me if I'm an "old biker." Not sure what he was getting at I asked "whaddya mean by that?" While I ain't going to make the NFL cut anytime soon, it ain't like I'm Methusala and aside from a leather jacket, I really had no other tell tale "biker" regalia on.

So he restated, "have you been riding motorcycles a long time?" Well yeah, I'll cop to that. He then asked what I liked about my Vic. I explained that it made good power, was smooth, had a great suspension and cornering clearance, was as comfortable as an old shoe, is as reliable as an anvil and so on.

He seemed a little perplexed. I think he might have been expecting "If ya have to ask..."

I told him that if he liked to ride he should check them out. He stated he had his fun, but that was back in the day on dirt bikes. He then complimented me on how purdy the bike is and I thanked him as if I should take credit for some cat in Spirt Lake's design.

Last time someone complimented the ride it was a rather large ethnic woman who asked me if I'd take her for a ride. When do the 20 year old blondes fall over themselves for me like in the commercials? Where'd I put that damn hair dye?!

See less See more
#2 ·
Last time someone complimented the ride it was a rather large ethnic woman who asked me if I'd take her for a ride. When do the 20 year old blondes fall over themselves for me like in the commercials? Where'd I put that damn hair dye?!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$= 20 year olds for an old guy.

#3 ·
Did she look like Jucy on Lizard Lick towing? My dream girl.
Those BBB women contain at bunch of BTUs. Save on your heat bill.:ltr:
Never turn down free heat even if you have to go home and get your car.thumb upcheers or truck.

#5 ·
... He then complimented me on how purdy the bike is and I thanked him as if I should take credit for some cat in Spirt Lake's design...
I think you should take at least some credit, because you gave the most important approval your bike ever received. You gave it the single most important nod when you bought it, covering all production costs, including design. thumb up

#6 ·
I have a t-shirt that says "Old Guys can still go fast if they want to." While picking up young beautiful women is cool, what is almost as satisfying is coming to the end of a ride or pulling into a gas station & have a young guy you just schooled drop his jaw on the ground when he sees how old you are when you take your helmet off. Had the same effect when I was a hockey goalie (60 yrs old now & only stopped playing 4 yrs ago when I had a hip replaced) & the young guys would see how old I was after the game.....look is priceless..........

#7 ·
Folks get big eyed when I'm out with my long time riding buddy and we tell them there are 129 years of riding experience between us. And you young pups think you are old...harumph!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.