Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Bluetooth Question
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 07:04 PM
ndabunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcdad View Post
What are the advantages/disadvantages of having a bluetooth mounted to the helmet? I do get the phone answering without having to pull over, but what else does it do for me? I really don't want to spend that kind of money just to answer a phone call.
I am not a technical type so I am asking for advice and help.

thanks in advance.
Non-Victory question about the generic BlueTooth (BT) Helmets available out there, right? If so, then it's not just the phone but also ANY BT-enabled device. That means that you can have a BT-enabled GPS that can tell you "turn right in 500 feet" in your helmet. You should also be able to listen to music from a separate device (say an IPod) and then also have a 3rd device (Samsung phone with BT capability) and all three "should" work seemlessly together but that's not always the case (because it's tech, right?)

If there was a way to link the on-board Victory systems (like control of radio, odometer,etc) to a BT Helmet, you may have more functions because BT works BOTH ways. Many BT devices have voice recognition so in theory you could have a single BT-enabled iPhone S (with Siri) with GPS and Pandora on it. You could then say "Find nightclubs" and it would provide you turn-by-turn directions to whichever nightclub you VERBALLY selected...

One caution - Not all BT helmets are the same. Some are VERY poor and some can't connect to certain devices so as with anything else, you often get what you pay for. A $150 BT helmet may not be of much use but a formal $250 BT system from Carda or others may do EVERYTHING you need but you have to pay for that BT system and then also buy a helmet.

It's not just any victory.... It's MY Victory!

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders
Ness Knurled Highway Pegs/KwelMetal Brackets
Ness Radius laydown license
Chrome CAM Tension Covers
Red Engine Bolts
Madstad System
DIY Garage Door Opener
Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails
Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds
Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers
Power Commander V Tuner
Power Commander AT-300
Hertz HCX 165s Speakers
JL Audio HX280/4 Bridged 140w

Last edited by ndabunka; 11-16-2011 at 07:24 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome